.DED file issue.

edited 2013 Oct 29 in Addons for DOOM
Hi there. I am working on modding Doom 2 into an Ultimate Doom clone, so that it's the same game as Ultimate Doom but with Doom 2 monsters and weapons. I have no issue with making the levels/maps with Doom Builder. Since Doom 2 has a completely different soundtrack and level names, I have been using .DED scripts which imports music from a 'Music' folder in Doomsday, and using your help sources, have been able to rename the levels. (ie. The name of the level that comes up when the map first loads at the top of the screen.) To summarize, I have successfully been able to import an E1M1 MIDI file for Level 1 map music, as well as rename it to 'Hangar' individually. However, the problem lies where I use both scripts, either as 2 separate .DED files, or all-in-one. What occurs is that In renaming the level, The Level 1 music doesn't play and the music that plays in the intro screen continues on into the first level instead. If I don't rename the level, it works perfectly though, so It seems it's an issue with the renaming of the level entirely. Is there something I am doing wrong? Or can you not rename the level without messing up the music in the game. My script is as follows:

Header { Version = 6 }
Map Info {
ID = "MAP01"
Name = "Hangar"
}
Music {
Id = "RUNNIN"; Lump = "D_RUNNIN";
Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\E1M1.mid";
}

Is there any advice you have on resolving this issue. I have been bashing my head into a wall for the last 2 days trying to figure it out. :/

Comments

• Also as a side note, since I will have to do Knee Deep In The Dead, The Shores Of Hell, Inferno, and Thy Flesh Consumned as 4 completely separate episodes (4 Separate Games), Is there any program/way I can modify the ending of Doom 2 to each Doom 1 Episode ending? (Like replacing the ending cinematic)
  • i would need to test with the music thing but for your ending there is apps out there i just don't know where to begin looking. but for the final end sequence i don't know but for the intermissions you can change. i just don't know how or what program to use and also you may need to use dosbox to run it on modern machines. If i am blowing smoke some one here can correct me.