CG Phantom's Lost Soul Model - Including Source!

edited 2013 Nov 21 in Addons for DOOM
I'm posting this for him as CG Phantom doesn't have an account here.

This was made for a pack that sadly never saw the light of day for several reasons.

The model is by CG Phantom. The DED file is by Magnum and I believe either he and/or Psychikon made the fire particles (correct me if I'm wrong).

Get the PK3 for Doomsday here!!

Also...

Grab the Blend file (inc. normal maps!)

lostsoul_cgphantom02.jpg

lostsoul_cgphantom01.jpg

Oh, and by the way, there is a high-res version of this as well ;)

Comments

• Well, I have to say that they look pretty bloody good! Out of interest, how is performance when there are many lost souls spawned at the same time?
  • that looks absolutely awesome, i love it <3
  • Since they are low res and older looking cartoony models, why would performance be affected much? They look ok, but also the lost soul should be more orange and covered in flames more, like the sitter model, right? Sorry but the model just feels like Wind Waker cell shading detail or detail for another decade past. I'm curious to see a normal mapped hi poly version. They aren't bad, but they feel out-of-date by 2013 standards and feel more like the year 2000 detail or even late 90s. The flames off the head are very low detailed. However, the lighting reflected off the face and horns look good. The flame might be acting as a light source and not baked?
  • Normal maps and similar are great, and there is a high-res sculpt of this critter from which we can make them. The problem being that the engine doesn't support it yet. When it does, and only when it does, is when you'll get next gen models.
  • They don't look cartoony to me nor "old". They are good for MD2, but I agree that they don't look like the original, which is also something I'd rather want.
  • so just texture the horns the same as the skull it's self but i do see what you mean.
  • Nah, they do look old. Compare them to modern day graphics, or even Doom 3. Looking at the way the light is reflected off the forehead, it looks cell shaded (first image). But I understand that the engine is still limited. Maybe in a few months, more detailed graphics will be possible. But would it save time if newer and better models that had normal maps were made ahead of time, like having them in the works at the moment, so by the time the engine comes out with support for it, it will be that much sooner before the newer models are released?
  • They look old against new models, that is obvious.
    But as Tea Monster said already
    Doomsday doesn't support such models (yet) and for this outdated model type, they look quite good imo.
  • True. Definitely better than N64 models.
  • The link is down. Can anyone give me a working link to the model?
  • I'm at work. I'll host it somewhere more permanent when I get back
  • New link in the OP