Windows Exception Error

edited 2013 Jun 11 in Technical Support
This information is presented in case someone should find it useful. I am aware that problems are to be expected as the Doomsday engine is being rewritten. I am using Windows 7 64 bit Professional and an Nvidia GTX-680.

Starting with build 888 I have received the following Window’s error message in trying to run ANY Doomsday engine game with or without add-ons.

Application Terminated due to Exception:
Uncaught exception during loop iteration:
[LoadError] (Bank::data) Failed to load "editor.hint"

From the Details of the above Exception error:

Bank > Bank::Job: Failed to load "editor.hint" from source:
[TypeError] (Variable::value) Illegal type conversion to class de::ArrayValue
Loop: Uncaught exception during loop iteration:
[LoadError] (Bank::data) Failed to load "editor.hint"
^ : Application terminated due to exception:
^ : Uncaught exception during loop iteration:
^ : [LoadError] (Bank::data) Failed to load "editor.hint"
^ :
^ : menu: unknown identifier, or command arguments invalid.
^ : Restoring original display mode due to shutdown.
^ > Canvas: Lost focus.

The last build that runs all the games on the Doomsday engine on my machine including the add-ons that I am using (e.g.rain & JXCCP_123.PK3 for Hexen and the JDRP for Doom) was build 857, for what that is worth. I believe the JDRP problem may have been addressed in the latest build and when I can get it to run I will check it out.

I would like to thank Skyjake and DaniJ for rewriting the Doomsday engine as it is a real pleasure watching the work as it progresses.

Cheers,

Comments

• As mentioned in today's developer update:
    skyjake wrote:
    It should be noted that in the latest Windows builds (891), the installer is missing a required file and the engine will encounter a fatal error at startup. This will be fixed in the next unstable build.
  • Thanks Skyjake for such a prompt reply I had incorrectly assumed that the missing installer file was unique to the latest build and build 888 may have something else wrong.