No changes in new builds?

edited 2013 May 14 in General
It is kind of amusing that a couple of times when a new build is automatically posted, there are no changes from the previous one according to the description list (no commits). So on the latest build entry, you have #863 posted with absolutely no difference, according to the post. Maybe the automated system could be made to post by date (I assume it only goes by date) only if it senses any new commits. I haven't played Doomsday for a while, but no reason for a new build being posted if there is no difference from a previous one.

Comments

• This is a side effect of us currently doing most of the work in separate work branches that are only infrequently merged to master. A least I've been trying to merge once per week, but sometimes the work is not in a suitable phase for making public (e.g., something is broken).

The autobuilder has been set up to make new builds on a rigid schedule. This is partly a reminder for us devs that we shouldn't let the master stagnate.
  • That does make sense if it is too broken to play. Thanks for the answer, and I look forward to all the future progress.