Tolwyn still here lovin' 1.10!

edited 2013 Apr 15 in General
Loving the new release. Had to search for the bindevent syntax on zoom and such.
Great job, guys. Happy to still believe that Doom/Heretic/Hexen are still some of the best games available.

Fixed title of thread for the picky people =))

Comments

• Thanks! Glad to see you're still around. :) We have another big year planned for Doomsday....
  • When I saw the name of this thread a few days ago, I was confused thinking it meant the person was calling himself '1.10' and saying he was still here. Anyways, maybe this year, we will get that new render code and see big graphical differences with tons of optimization. That will be neat when it happens.

But if something happened to Skyjake or Dani, does that mean Doomsday will die or would someone else take over? Also, if something happened to one of them, is there anyway of one of them finding out if the other is still alive by talking to someone who is connected to either of them in real life to determine the status of either of them? Maybe it is a good idea to have more than just 2 coders here and backup people just in case?
  • gary wrote:
    maybe this year, we will get that new render code and see big graphical differences with tons of optimization. That will be neat when it happens.
    Map rendering is a large and complex task and before we can start working on it, a lot of refactoring, decoupling and untangling of the existing code is required. While I expect major UI revisions during this year, I wouldn't bet on significant map rendering improvements (at least in any finished, end-user acceptable sense). We'll have to see how much time we end up being able to put into the project.
    gary wrote:
    But if something happened to Skyjake or Dani, does that mean Doomsday will die or would someone else take over?
    I endeavor to run the project in a very transparent manner so that any new contributors can get up to speed. Much of the automated infrastructure is nowadays also public and part of the Git repository. Ultimately it is up to the community, though, whether anyone is motivated enough to contribute.