Double Click

edited 2013 Apr 11 in General
For the life of me, i can't figure out how to set "double-click" as a control.

If i start doom --> then go to "options" --> then click "controls" - you can press enter to let it set a control. If i type in the space bar, then the space bar is the control. But how do i make it recognize a double-click?

This comes from the vanilla version of doom when you could double-click the right mouse button to open doors.

Comments

• Binding controls to double clicks is not supported via the menus, you have to do it manually. Also, due to historical reasons, currently the only form of double click is the "double activation" of some player control. So while at the moment you can't bind something directly to a double click of the RMB, you can bind to a double click of, say, Walk or Use:
    bindevent sym-control-doubleclick-positive-strafe "impulse use"
    bindevent sym-control-doubleclick-positive-walk "echo 2xForward"
    bindevent sym-control-doubleclick-positive-use "echo 2xUse"

Changes are being planned in the low-level input code that will make it easier to implement actual double-click events.
  • Excellent skyjake! Where do i type in the code?
  • In the console while playing or your "configs/doom/player/bindings.cfg".
  • I can't find a bindings.cfg in my doomsday directory anywhere. Is this for mac only? These are the files that i have:
    bin
    data
    doc
    modules
    snowberry
    unins000.dat
    unins000.exe
  • The .cfg files are present on all platforms. You can find their location here: http://dengine.net/dew/index.php?title=Runtime_folder
  • I found the file. It was in Documents\Doomsday Frontend\runtime\configs\doom. I added the line you mentioned, but it gets erased every time i start the game. I think there is something that will overwrite the file with a new one.
  • Try adding it to the end of the file. Or if you type it in-game in the console it will be automatically saved to the correct place.