Boom Features?

edited 2013 Mar 27 in General
I remember an old thread I came across discussing doomsday and boom compatibility. It said 1.8.6 were given some boom features with later versions gaining basic boom features.

I need some light shed on this question for the 1.10 for how much of boom is there if any in that release. I just need to know so I know for sure where this is going. I don't remember where the thread is or if it was official or not. :-/

Comments

• The current situation with Boom compatibility as of Doomsday 1.10:

Extension lumps, ANIMDEFs and SWITCHES are now supported by all games. Resource handling algorithms have been enhanced/extended to achieve compatible behavior. The various new line and thing flags are now supported. Some of the new playsim logics and many of the bug fixes have also been incorporated.

However, none of the new line specials (including the generalised ones) or thinker types have been implemented as yet.

Boom support has been more of a longer term goal from our perspective, largely due to the demands on the renderer to do it justice. Its something we definitely do want to achieve, however.

There is no support for any Boom features in 1.8.6
  • DaniJ wrote:
    The current situation with Boom compatibility as of Doomsday 1.10:

Extension lumps, ANIMDEFs and SWITCHES are now supported by all games. Resource handling algorithms have been enhanced/extended to achieve compatible behavior. The various new line and thing flags are now supported. Some of the new playsim logics and many of the bug fixes have also been incorporated.

However, none of the new line specials (including the generalised ones) or thinker types have been implemented as yet.

Boom support has been more of a longer term goal from our perspective, largely due to the demands on the renderer to do it justice. Its something we definitely do want to achieve, however.

There is no support for any Boom features in 1.8.6
    I am VERY dumbfounded on how much of it is there! I knew some where there and wound up with a hell of a lot more then expected. Very pleased to know now.

Am very impressed with all of your work! I will be more than eager to test 2.0 when the time comes! [:)