Last week I spent all my time fixing various bugs and other issues in preparation to the stable 1.10.
- Fixed missing hub-ending intermission text screens in Hexen.
- Optimized some performance degradation after the C++ map data refactoring.
- More multiplayer issues fixed particularly in Heretic and Hexen: activation of the Wings of Wrath, HUD life gem colors, Hexen map starts, player's current weapon after respawn in Hexen, "give i" cheat in Hexen, rendering the torch power-up on clientside.
- Shell improvements: some potential crashes fixed, usability improvements like a native scroll bar for the log message history, mouse wheel scrolling, a link to the wiki for help, current map and game mode in the status bar.
- Unix manpages for the server and shell.
- Unix bug where some external music files could not be found because the definitions were using Windows-style path separators.
- Potential crash when starting the auto-updater.
- Fatal error messages (that cause the engine to quit) would instead cause the engine to crash immediately after showing the error message.
- Added cvar "game-pause-mapstart-tics" to control how long the game should remain paused immediately after loading a map (by default syncs with the transition screen wipe in Doom).
The candidate phase is planned to end later this week as we release the stable version 1.10.