Some model flag issues

JCAJCA
edited 2012 Nov 29 in Technical Support
I found out that some flags only work if they're used on the whole model, and some other strangeness. I don't know if it's intended behaviour or bugs.

Spin flag makes the whole model spin, even if it's used on one sub model. I'm thinking it might be more useful to have the spin as a variable, and be able to spin in any axis, could be like
Spin XYZ = { 1.5 -0.5 0.0 };

Alignpitch and Alignyaw flags don't work on sub models, they don't even make the whole model aligned if they're used on one sub model.

Then there's also some weirdness with Fullbright, Dim, Alwayslit flags. Fullbright flag in the State definitions make the Thing fullbright/allow dynamic light, but the Dim flag doesn't make the model or a sub model appear non fullbright. Alwayslit flag in the Thing definitions doesn't make the Thing appear fullbright, but allows dynamic light, and Fullbright flags in the model/sub models can make it fullbright. It seems the Dim flag doesn't do anything.

Comments

• It sounds to me like something is either incorrect in your definition or there is a real bug in Doomsday. The flags you mention appear to be working as intended when I test model packs like the jDRP in the latest version of Doomsday.

Have you got an example or something we test?

Re: Spin would be better as a vector

Yeah it would, perhaps we'll get around to that next time we are working on the model code (you could submit an RFE).