Works on one pc but not the other

edited 2012 Nov 29 in Technical Support
I decided to make my own topic so that I wasn't interrupting the other persons.
Vermil wrote:
There is no Windows version of the patch; only a Dos one, for which Dos box should suffice for, if you can't run it directly through Windows. Mind you don't accidently download the 1.1 patch for HeXen DK though (HeXen DK has a 1.1 patch like the base game).

But it's also worth noting that the HeXen patch program may well claim it's failed to patch, when in fact it has succeeded (i.e. it does for me). Check the time stamp on the Iwad to confirm if it's succeeded.

A HeXen 1.0 Iwad should have a timestamp of something like 13/10/1995 and be 19,657kb, while a 1.1 Iwad should have a timestamp of 13/03/1996 and be 19,613kb in size.

It may also be worth noting that the boxed version of HeXen DK comes with the patch file and it's installer forces the user to install it before allowing install of HeXen DK. IIRC the box misleadingly declares you need HeXen 1.1, without mentioning the patch is on the CD for those who only have 1.0.

I believe the Steam version of HeXen is 1.1 and the Steam version of HeXen DK is 1.0.

As far as I am aware, there is absolutely no 1.1 release of HeXen DK out there boxed or other wise, hence everybody has to use the HeXen DK patch to reach 1.1 (fortunetly, Dday accepts the 1.0 HeXen DK Iwad, just it suffers from the same music bugs as Vanilla HeXen DK 1.0).
I do have the steam version and original version which works with doomsday on my laptop but my desktop will not accept it at all. I tried taking the wads from my laptop to see if that would work but it wouldn't accept them either anything I should try? I did a fresh install of dday on the desktop after uninstalling the old one.

Ely

Comments

• What do you mean by won't accept it? If your IWAD works on one computer it will work on any. It sounds to me like a problem with your install.