Coop view? Server settings / cmds? Multiplayer Save Games?

edited 2012 Nov 30 in General
Had a few questions as shown in the title:

[1.] Is multiplayer coop view possible (any games)? Didn't see any keybinds for it and anything on the net.

[2.] Is there a wiki page with a master list of all server / game console commands and possible settings? Or perhaps a way to dump them from the console or command line? I found some settings I needed randomly on the web that weren't shown anywhere in the wiki (coop nodamage being one of them). I know it's hard to stay up-to-date with those types of changes on documentation. This would be really helpful.

[3.] I did read on a recent thread here that multiplayer save games are not possible yet (on the TO-DO) but is there any work-around for this right now. Any possible way whatsoever to save a game on multiplayer - mainly to save weapons and ammo. Obviously warping levels is not a big deal. I was unable to do this via the game or by console / server command.

Thanks!

Comments

• 1: If you mean the ability to view through the eyes of other players; that is a standard Vanilla Doom feature accessible with F11, by default.
    2: http://www.dengine.net/dew/index.php?ti ... ed_server; it's not very detailed though. Someone to update the article with more information.
    3: Afraid not.
  • Is multiplayer coop view possible (any games)?
    No, viewing other people's consoles is currently not supported. This is part of the multiplayer to-dos, but pretty low on the list.
    Or perhaps a way to dump them from the console or command line?
    If you open the "game.cfg" found under "configs/(game)/" in your runtime folder, you'll find a list of all available console variables with brief descriptions. At runtime, you can use "listvars" and "listcmds". You can also use "apropos (word)" to look up everything that has (word) in it, for instance "apropos server".
  • Thanks for all the info.
  • btw Vermil it was F12 F11 changed the brightness
  • I know you said that coop view is not working but I noticed that there is a server command called "spy" regarding coop views - what is intended for that command?