A Barrel of Bugs

edited 2009 Aug 18 in Technical Support
just as I expected... so after finally registering and typing in the confirmation code that I can barely read and clicking the activation link in the email I can post...

this new version and any other version is a piece of f ucking shlt. why don't you bother to complete the software before releasing to the public...

playing through mid game and all of a sudden an error message pops up... I can't be bothered to post it that's ur job to find out the errors instead of releasing cowboy programs to the public that cause endless heart attack frustrations.

Actually... the only stable version that works is the lastest version from the old website that you so wrongly abandoned... purple background

Comments

• worriedme wrote:
    this new version and any other version is a piece of f ucking shlt. why don't you bother to complete the software before releasing to the public...
    Guess why they're called "Beta"? You're welcome to wait until the next non-beta release.
    worriedme wrote:
    playing through mid game and all of a sudden an error message pops up... I can't be bothered to post it that's ur job to find out the errors instead of releasing cowboy programs to the public that cause endless heart attack frustrations.
    Let me explain how this works. This is a hobby project that people work on for free. We all need to do our part, the developers and the users included, to improve the code and enhance the experience. We can't fix problems that we know nothing about, or have ever seen. That being said, there are many issues that are known, and will be addressed when the time is right.
  • skyjake wrote:
    This is a hobby project that people work on for free. We all need to do our part, the developers and the users included, to improve the code and enhance the experience. We can't fix problems that we know nothing about, or have ever seen.

And even non-hobby projects has to rely on beta tests, of course they are most internal but sometimes they make public beta tests (e.g. the game Battlefield 2...) and I think Doomsday is making good progress if you think about the fact that this is only a hobby project
  • I admire you skyjake, I would of banned (reason:trolling) instantly if it were my forum.

Sweet Virgin Mary mother of Jesus Christ... people in this world expecting 100% perfect working product from a 100% FREE project... and for the record, learn your terminology - this is as far away from Cowboy Programming you can get with Open Source. It's well documented and the subversion/bug tracker is comprehensive, and the Deng team still manage to find time between their real life jobs, study, social life, hectic 3D engine programming, other hobbies, spouse/girlfriends, etcetera; but STILL manage to find the time to reply to your nasty and degrading comments.

Well I reckon this guy isn't ever going to post back. If you do worriedme, why don't you get off your throne and do something yourself, instead of throwing your weight around that you don't even have? Propose some bugfixes (the trunk can be downloaded by anyone through anonymous access) or join the Wiki doco project or make models or... DONATE to say THANKS instead of being such an ungrateful jerk...

Don't worry skyjake and Deng team, you know that 99.9% of us admire and are grateful for the amazing continued work over the years!