Doom Joining player is stuck

edited 2009 Aug 14 in Technical Support
I saw something about when the next version comes out multiplayer will be supported or something but I thought I present my issue anyway to see if theres a fix for it. My son and I wanted to do coop together. 2 computers in the same room. After trying portforwarding stuff and failing I tried using just the ip adress for my pc itself which worked. Yay finally! The problem we now face which seems to be accros the Doom board, is that the JOINING player is stuck. When you look at them as the host, they are stuck in the air. They can attack monsters and all that. but they cant move and they have no ...HUD. Nothing just the pistol or fist. They can attack enemies and kill them. I noticed when the host opened the door it was seen on the hosts screen but not the ...hostee? screen. Not sure what the deal is. Maybe its an issue with the second spawn point for the joiner? While Im at it has anyone noticed that when you pick up armor like the blue or the green its as if you didnt? Only the armor fragments seem to register. Back to the main issue. Does anyone know if things like this will be addressed with the new version someone mentioned? Is there maybe a way to make just the original spawn point the only one available? I can deal with a little telefragging as long as we can both play together. =) Any consturctive advice from anyone would be most welcome. Anything at all =) Thanks to anyone who answers for taking the time.

Comments

• If you're using one of the Beta6.x versions, you're out of luck -- multiplayer is essentially broken and issues like the one you describe are known to occur.

Your options are basically the following.
    • You can try the old version 1.8.6 (available at the SourceForge deng files page). It should work sufficiently well for 2 players on a local network.
    • You can wait for the Beta7 release, which will have all new network code. However, it will take a few months at least before this release can be made (personally I'm hoping for a release before the end of the year).