Hexen 3D models

2»

Comments

• Hi,Citereh! I gave you and all the community "green light" to use, modify and all_what_you_want_to_do with centaur model. :) Your work will be a good step in the way to complete JHexen pack.
  • Hmm I'm trying to upload it but I keep getting "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB."
    The file size is 886kb for just the pk3 and 1,549 KB if I add 3 screen shots and the base milkshape files.
    I can squeeze it down to 325kb if I change the tga skin to a pcx. I'll mess around more after I get some sleep.

*Edit* sleep deprived me remembered I can at least link one of the pics while I figure it out
  • You should upload the file to a file hosting website and pop the link to it on here as this forum isn't designed for the sharing of large files. And thanks in advance for the efforts.
  • Ok lets try this out.

Veirdo's Centar on Chilvence's Centars animations:
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/12/12/3375877/jXCCP-Centar-sdk.pk3
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/12/12/3375877/jXCCP-Centar-new.pk3
    Free file hosting from File Den!

The centar-sdk link has a foulder with 2 milkshape files and a screenshots folder with 3 pics.
    The milkshape files are:
    A unlinked unedited base frame with the skeleton.
    And the one I used to export the model that I tried to make fit better.

The centar-new is just the model.

Installation:
    Just place the pk3 in your snowberry\addons folder and add it to your list to load.

Known issues
    1) slight model deformations due to hasty(and probably ill thought out) vertex assignments.
    2) will revert to a sprite on the last frame of death (due to a lack of ded knowledge on my part).
  • Good work, Citereh. The model looks Ok, I even don't expect it. However, it is good to separate the metal parts: the helmet, sword and shield, to the new submodel, and assign to it a shiny specular material.
    And one more thing, the engine somehow distorts the model in Y axis. The Centaur model looks taller than sprite if you compare to its frozen state.
    After I did models based on sprites I make a last transform to scale the model in Y (vertical) to 0.9. Of course it can be done in .ded
  • veirdo wrote:
    Good work, Citereh. The model looks Ok, I even don't expect it. However, it is good to separate the metal parts: the helmet, sword and shield, to the new submodel, and assign to it a shiny specular material.
    I don't think everything metal has to shine. Most metal in HeXen in particular, is actually pretty dark grey/black.
  • I too thought that the model looked tall and on the thin side as well. perhaps shortening it will also make it look a little beefier. It is true that much of the metal is simply grey but then that was then and this is now. I would like for metal objects to look more like metal and less painted looking, sometimes a little shine helps with that. I always thought that the twisted lampstands would look better with a more metal looking texture rather than the blotchy looking paint on them now. If maintaining the original look of the game is most important then the high resolution texture pack is a total failure because much of the stonework is of a totally different style as are many ground textures, not at all like what was done with Heretic.
  • Citereh wrote:
    Ok lets try this out.

Veirdo's Centaur

Known issues
    1) slight model deformations due to hasty(and probably ill thought out) vertex assignments.
    2) will revert to a sprite on the last frame of death (due to a lack of ded knowledge on my part).
    I've been playing around with this a little, I changed some numbers in the ded and got him so he doesn't look tall and skinny. I also did some work on the skin. The thing I'd like to ask about is Known issue 2)
    when you kill the Centaur he lays over on his side and would be fine if he just stayed that way but as stated in the issue, he reverts to a sprite. So what do I need to put in the ded to make it just lay there on his side dead?
  • There are two errors in line 89 in .ded
    It must be
    Copy Model{ State = "CENTAUR_DEATH0"; Inter = .0;

• Thank you Veirdo, got it working now. I'll edit this to include links for my version of the Centaur and the Ettin once I've got them posted somewhere.

Edit: here is the Centaur http://www.filedropper.com/jxccp-centaur-p
    ..and here is the Ettin http://www.filedropper.com/jxccp-ettin-p

Please try them and let me know what you think. The Ettin will not work with any pack that has an Ettin inside, Same with the Centaur. Please disable any model pack to try mine. If you like it then you can put it into the pack with a little dissecting work. Enjoy.

Looks like they dropped my files. I'll have to find another place to upload them. sorry.