New monsters issue with Doomnsday engine

edited 2012 Jul 24 in Addons for DOOM
Hi to all!
First of all, a greeting to all the forum's inhabitants: I hope someone here has the answer to my problem! ;)

Now, I would like to present you my problem:

I love to make new maps for Doom II, which I always play with the Doomsday Engine.
I've added custom textures to my maps, and I never had any problem with the DE.
Now, I'm trying to implement new monsters on my maps: but if I play the new map (with new monsters) with the DE, the new monsters don't appear: it's as I've never put them in.
However, if I load the map with other ports, i.e. ZDoom, the monsters are here, ready to get shot.

Is that a DE internal issue? Or do I have to change something in the configuration?

Thank you very much for you attention! :)

(p.s.: to make new maps, I use the Doom Builder 2, latest version, but I had the summentioned problem even with older ones. To implement new monsters, I use SLADE, for XWE is a bit out of date. I'm running the latest version of the Doomsday Engine).

Comments

• If the monsters you downloaded came from Realm677, they use DECORATE, a system that originated in ZDoom and ultimately supported by many ports, but unfortunetely not Doomsday currently.

Doomsday has it's own modding features, though it's ability to make custom monsters is currently very limited compared to the options DECORATE provides.