[Solved] Missing models issue

edited 2012 Jun 29 in Technical Support
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. Missing, for what I can see now, the small pistol for HUD, the chainsaw object (on the ground, not on HUD) and the monster throwing fireballs.

I am using DENG v1.9.9 b542 (v1.9.0 would not start for me) on Linux Mint 12 (= Ubuntu 11.10)
I also installed
deng-dhtp-20111231.pk3
jdrp-packaged-20070404
jdui-all-20120223.pk3
pk-doom-sfx-20100109.pk3

On top of this problem, Doomsday is crashing with segfault as soon as I want to enter level 2, but I don't think this is related.

Comments

• I would be happy to try to find out why I get those issues if you can give me a hint on where to search...

Thanks!
  • The first thing to do would be to post/upload your doomsday.out log file so we can inspect it. When there is a detectable issue with your configuration Doomsday will usually log a warning about it.
  • There you go: http://www.filedropper.com/doomsdayout

(I could not find any allowed extension to upload it directly on this forum, always getting "The .out extension is not allowed")
  • Looking at your doomsday.out, other than a few warnings by WAV_MemoryLoad() regarding unsupported .WAV format sound files, it all looks pretty normal.

I can see that the textures for the models you said aren't working are being loaded and prepared for render. What does it look like in-game, are they simply not drawn at all?

As for the crash, that could be due to an issue in build 542 that was inadvertently introduced while I was refactoring the game save system for autosaving. This issue has since been fixed, though, so please try today's build 546 when that goes live (I expect it to be available by 13:00 GMT).
    vlio wrote:
    I could not find any allowed extension to upload it directly on this forum, always getting "The .out extension is not allowed"
    That is deliberate, as the log file is plain text we normally ask that users post it directly into the thread (using [/code] tags). The reason being that uploading a log that will quickly become obsolete, will use up the forum's attachment quota with no long term benefit.
  • Like Siegfied in another thread, you seem to be having a locale issue:
      Line Width Granularity: 0,5
      Line Width Range: 1,0...5,0

Doomsday does not support a number locale that uses commas as decimal point. Make sure you have the "en_US.UTF-8" locale installed on your system. Doomsday will automatically select it for itself independently of your current system locale.
  • OK, I tried build 546 and don't have the segfault any more indeed. Thanks for that.

About my locales:
    pierre@13:57 ~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales 
    [sudo] password for pierre: 
    Generating locales...
      en_US.UTF-8... done
      fr_BE.UTF-8... up-to-date
      fr_CA.UTF-8... up-to-date
      fr_CH.UTF-8... up-to-date
      fr_FR.UTF-8... up-to-date
      fr_LU.UTF-8... up-to-date
    Generation complete.

The models I miss in game are exactly simply not drawn. So I cannot see at all the chainsaw on the ground in level 1, for instance. Of course, as it is only a graphical issue I can still grab it and use it afterwards.

Now something very strange: since I updated my locales (it seems something was updated for en_US.UTF8), all models appear as flat entities. That is, my HUD weapon, the monsters, bonus, ... They look like paintings on the ground. This was true for b542 and is still the case with b546.

Thanks for your help !

last output: http://www.filedropper.com/doomsdayout_1 (too big to fit inside one post)
  • OK, I deleted my config folder as advised on the other topic about locales and now I can see everything just fine.

Thanks again !