Doomsday with Wineskin

For those that don't know Wineskin is a program that tricks Windows games into running on a Mac similar if not the same as Wine for linux or PlayOnLinux. I can run doomsday just fine on Windows and was running it in Windows 7 prior to this incident. Wineskin was downloaded and a Wrapper was created for Doomsday with the .NET applications and Gecko. Then the Doomsday folder was copied from DVD for the install already setup. Next winetricks was updated and dll for directX9 since 8 is not an option, direct sound, and glut were installed by clicking run. When finished the path was set to /Program Files/Doomsday/Kicks.exe and kickstart launched the first time with test run, but once I select Doom/Ultimate Doom and clicked start Doomsday crashed. Afterwards it gave me the error file path contains spaces, so I changed the path as follows /Program\ Files/Doomsday/Kicks.exe using the \ to escape the space as anyone who knows how to use linux or Unix would expect to work. Now I get the following error: WineskinX11: main(): argc=12
Waiting for startup parameters via Mach IPC.
WineskinX11: do_start_x11_server(): argc=12
Attempting to use pixel depth of 24
[217620.642] WineskinX11 starting:
[217620.642] X.Org X Server 1.12.99.0
[217620.642] Build Date: 20120410
[217620.642] _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.
[217620.661] (II) GLX: Initialized Core OpenGL GL provider for screen 0
and Wineskin isn't even bringing up kickstart to allow me to select which game I want to run.
What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Comments

• It sounds like you are using a very old version of Doomsday. The latest version of Doomsday runs natively on the Mac platform for example.

If you do want to continue using Wineskin for whatever reason then I suggest you first upgrade to the latest version of Doomsday and then try again.
  • Thanks I think I'll try that instead of messing around with Wineskin, but I guess it would still be nice to know why it stopped working.