Snowberry resolutions and game startup.

edited 2012 Jun 15 in Technical Support
Hi!

I noticed snowberry from doomsday 1.9.8 does not offer the option of 1440x900 as a resolution in the 16:10 section. The doomsday engine has it.

Also, after starting a game from snowberry, I am presented with the standard doomsday console, where I should type "load doom2" to play. It's like snowberry is not passing the right parameters to doomsday.

Thanks!

Comments

• I wonder if selecting the custom resolution option in Snowberry and typing in the resolution helps. That was what I was told to do back when I mentioned that 1920x1080 wasn't offered in the launcher, and it allowed it to work nicely with my display when typing in that resolution since that is my monitor's resolution.
  • It doesn't help. If I use the custom resolution, the game will not go correctly to fullscreen mode (the gnome panel bar is visible in the bottom of the screen) but if I use one of the preconfigured resolutions, the fullscreen works fine. The only difference I see is that with a predefined resolution, the command line used is this:
    -wh 1280 800

but with a custom resolution, it looks like this:
    -w 1440 -h 900

so it seems that makes the difference in my case.

Regards.

Edit: I solved the problem with the games not starting automatically by renaming the WAD files to their original names (for some reason my doom WAD file was named as udoom.wad instead of doom.wad) and after this, all the games start properly. Strange however that this affected all the games started with snowberry, since the only wad that had a wrong name was doom.wad.

Regards.
  • Hi!

I still have the issue with the resolutions. Sometimes it will go fine fullscreen, other times it won't, I still cannot identify exactly why this fails only sometimes (any log I can take a look at?). My video card is an integrated Intel GMA945, using OpenGL (Mesa). Any ideas? plese? :)

Thanks!!