Missing water/acid glowing effect

NTINTI
edited 2012 May 4 in Technical Support
The new stable version of Doomsday Engine removed the water/acid glowing effect, that's permanent or there is a project to enhanced this great effect?

Comments

• Those effects have not been removed, the nukege and especially the water are just a lot weaker now. You can increase their strength from the Lighting tab in the control panel.
  • Over here?

scaled.php?server=152&filename=lights.png&res=landing

I have modified all these settings but nothing happened, I've tried to modify the others tabs too, however the effect seems to be disabled to me... (as you can see in the picture)
  • Look for the slider labelled "Material glow strength" - this controls how strong the glow effect is.

I also note that you've increased the ambient light level - it is generally better to increase "Light range compression" instead, as this will respect the lighting ramp while still making things brighter in general.
  • Yeah... I can see it now, I've done the adjustments in material glow, the ambient level and it looks better now, thanks for clarify this puzzle. Indeed in the Snowberry Version 1.2 the effect is more brighter.

scaled.php?server=835&filename=lights2.png&res=landing

Sorry for the off-topic.