"Issues" in the build report

edited 2012 Apr 17 in General
I wonder what it specifically means when next to the build link, it says 'issues'. Today's build says 4. Are we talking about ingame issues or posting issues? What issues? It made me hesitant to download, but I did anyways.

Comments

• The issues in this instance are compile time ones. You can find out what the issues were by downloading the compile log(s) using the links next to the issue counts.

I intend to make a few further changes to the build repository page generator for Friday's release, so when I do I'll add some tooltip's to describe what the issues are and perhaps a legend to detail the color coding.
  • gary wrote:
    I wonder what it specifically means when next to the build link, it says 'issues'. Today's build says 4. Are we talking about ingame issues or posting issues? What issues? It made me hesitant to download, but I did anyways.
    At the moment the "Issues" refer to compiler warnings and errors during the creation of the build. It has nothing to do with open bug reports or other known issues. Warnings (yellow badge) are often benign and can be ignored -- they are mostly useful to developers so we know if there's anything that needs cleaning up in the source code. Errors (red badge) usually signal that the build has failed completely on the platform.

In the future we might look into integrating the bug tracker into the build reports in some manner, it would be quite informative.