'Big Ammo Box' in Doom games not shown correctly

edited 2012 Apr 6 in Technical Support
Hi there

At the moment I'm playing the 'Memento Mori 2' wad using Doomsday 1.9.7 (build#425).

I'm using the addonpackage for weapons and ammo etc. Everything looks right except for the 'Big box of ammo' which is not shown correctly in '3D' like other ammo-packs and weapons. It looks completely flat - not even '2D'.

I'm playing the game in windows XP Servivcepack 3.

P.S. Keep up the fantastic work on the engine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Check to see if the ammo box ded and model files are in the right place. You can put the ded under defs/jdoom/auto and the box files under data/jdoom/models/items. I just checked my Items folder and the ammo box folder's name is A-AmmoBox, and the folder contains AmmoBox.dmd and AmmoBox.png.
  • Hey Gary...

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Doomsday engine itself. The 'Big Ammo-box' has always worked correctly in previous versions - all the way back to v. 1.8.6. and it's the same addon-pack I have always used.

But maybee you could check it for yourself if you are running Doomsday 1.9.7. (Build#439).

Doom 2 level 03 - there's a ammo-box present in the first open-space-area. Idclip is the fastest way ;)

If you got the time it would be appreciated - thanks !
  • *PROBLEM SOLVED*

BUT...I still believe the problem came from an updated version of Doomsday.

In my 'addons'-folder I have an unpacked folder called 'jdrp.box' (unpacked from the file 'jdrp-packaged-20070404.zip'). As mentioned ALL items in this pack is shown correctly EXCEPT for the 'Big Ammo-box.

I took the .pk-file named 'jdrp-ammobox.1.01.pk3' out of that folder and put it in the 'root' as a kind of seperate .pk and now it works. How Doomsday can read the other 108 .pk-files in the folder is still a mystery to me though :-/
  • I never install the models under addons. I always had some problem with that. I just install them in the same place I mentioned in my first post in this thread. Also, I'm using Kingennio's updated models with Tea Monster's caco and pinky replacing the original caco and pinky models.