HI RES RESOURCE PACK does not work with snowberry

edited 2012 Mar 28 in Technical Support
Hello,

I follow the installation guide for addons but the jdrp-packaged-20070404.zip does not work.
If i start doom it appear always with default textures.
I did the same with jdui-all-20120223.pk3 and this one works fine.

CFG: Windows7 x64 and latest doomsday engine (doomsday_1.9.7_build439.exe or doomsday_1.9.8_build452.exe)

Please find attached file for analysing.

Thank you for your support

Stefan

Comments

• is the jdoom resource pack in the box format just in the zip if so then you have your problem if not then it's a problem with the old pck.
  • I just put all defs under defs/jdoom/auto and copy the model folders into data/jdoom/models. You can make the folders first if need be. That is how I get models to work. Putting it under addons or a box under addons makes i either not work or not completely work, and I had that problem since I played Doomsday since 2006. The way I have it set up seems best.

Also, I use Kingennio's pack, not the out-of-date old pack. I would call the old pack low res, and the newer pack semi-hi res, since many models have higher res textures and higher poly count, but most monster models are untouched. I also made my own pack but taking Kingennio's pack and replaced the caco and pinky with the Tea Monster versions. There is nothing high res about the old pack, but it is definitely higher res than the sprites.

As for the menu interface, try selecting 'allow external with PWADs' in the launcher under settings/graphics. Otherwise it resorted to the default textures for me too.