Doom main menu moves instead of skull moving

edited 2012 Mar 27 in Technical Support
Doomsday Engine 1.9.7-1 build439
doom.wad from doom95 in use

looked in the forums for this to be mentioned previously but did not see anything, also not sure where to post bug reports.

in the main menu for Doom the skull selection icon stops moving down and the main menu instead shifts upwards for the last 2 entries.

Comments

• i think it's a new feature witch i like
  • It is indeed a new feature, however the fact it is being used on the main menu is actually a bug. The menu scroll is only meant to be used on pages which do not fit on screen and which are not original game menus (these must remain as-is for mod compatibility).

This issue has already been addressed for the upcoming 1.9.8 release (the latest (unstable) version of which can be downloaded from our build repository).
  • well it's only like that in doom no other game is affected.
  • Doom is the only game affected by default yes. However, if you load any mod which alters the menu resources such that they increase the dimensions of the menu beyond that which can be fit within the available page dimensions then the menu will scroll.
  • ah in any case i like it but i think most people will not. even tho it's a bug it's a good one witch could be made into an option to have for the menu. if people want it that is.