Micro-stutter

Anyone else notice some micro stutter? if so is there a way to resolve it? I am running a 8700k and a 1080ti with a 144hz monitor gsync.

Comments

• Some educated guesses... May or may not be occurring on your system:
    • Doomsday's internal event timing loop may not be triggering at a fixed frequency. This issue would be exacerbated when running at 144 Hz. This is addressed in the upcoming version 2.2, but cannot be feasibly backported to 2.1.
    • The classic renderer is also quite CPU-bound and suffers from bottlenecks in more complex maps, so you may dropping frames depending on what is being rendered.
    • Doomsday sometimes needs to upload textures unexpectedly — an inherent problem in the design of the classic renderer.
  • skyjake wrote: »
    Some educated guesses... May or may not be occurring on your system:
    • Doomsday's internal event timing loop may not be triggering at a fixed frequency. This issue would be exacerbated when running at 144 Hz. This is addressed in the upcoming version 2.2, but cannot be feasibly backported to 2.1.
    • The classic renderer is also quite CPU-bound and suffers from bottlenecks in more complex maps, so you may dropping frames depending on what is being rendered.
    • Doomsday sometimes needs to upload textures unexpectedly — an inherent problem in the design of the classic renderer.

Thanks for the reply. I do not know if this is a new issue or not. I have been using this mod for a long time now but for some reason do not remember this before.

You get 30 seconds of nice smooth gameplay and then a 1 second shot of stutter. then another 30-1 min of smooth game play and a small amount of micro stutter. Maybe I will be lucky and 2.2 will fix it.
  • So... I noticed after this post I was also having this issue with a few other games. After spending a ton of money upgrading already top hardware and pulling my hair out I got it figured out.

If you use nvidia graphics cards....UNINSTALL THE HD AUDIO DRIVERS associated with the cards!!!!

Just wanted to give a heads up for future reference. BTW thanks for this great engine. I have been using it for years and years now.
  • Glad to hear the problem was solved!