Question for devs/ doomsday vets-
I'm trying to setup a multiplayer server that's public for me and my friends to play on. I've found the help page for the shell quite useful but I'm still having a few issues. I've also read the FAQ, so I understand it's a work in progress- judging by how the public servers are gone.
I first create a server using the shell, then I do the server-password and server-public 1 commands. I can only seem to connect to my server if I search for it under local host (127.0.0.1). Obviously my friends won't see me from there computers using that method. If any of my friends try to connect via master server list, or I choose it through the master server doomsday will pretty much freeze.
I've tried doing a few things.
- I created a custom firewall rule in windows to allow any connections inbound/outbound for doomsday and doomsday shell
- I created a custom firewall rule that allows port 13209 for both inbound/outbound and both TCP/UDP
- I setup my router to forward anything on port 13209 to my computers address
none of these solved the issue. Not sure if I'm having connectivity issues or if it's just an issue with the shell/engine. I've included a bunch of pictures showing the steps I am taking and my firewall/router rules.
What could I try next?
3. server looks to be up and running
4. trying to connect via master list will make program hang at this exact spot for a minute before crashing
5. connecting via search on localhost allows me to get in and play perfectly.
6. my current setup for 1.12.2
7. windows 7 firewall rules inbound
8. windows 7 firewall rules outbound
9. my router port FWD configuration