Couple questions relating doom.

edited 2013 Nov 29 in General
I have doom running on the doomsday engine on my mac and I went to edit one of the controls but I don't know how to reset it to the way it was before I made the change. How do I reset it? Also is there anyway I could use a xbox 360 wired controller for doom? How would I set it up? Thanks.

Comments

• edited 2014 May 27
    If you can remember what the default control was, just highlight the control and press enter to change it manually.

Dday has no built in support for 360 gamepads; it's gamepad code is very old and only supports up to, I believe, approximately PS2 pad's. Hence, you have to use third party programs if you want to use a 360 gamepad with Dday.

Also, Dday doesn't support gamepads in the menu's (other than the control binding menu); only in game.

Certinally support for modern gamepads, specifically 360 gamepads, in Dday is something that I personally see requested a fair bit.
  • +1 to the request for 360 gamepad support to be added to doomsday , please !
  • I use pinnicle game profiler: http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

I don't think the PS2 controller works properly with it. Read this that I posted a while ago: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1432&hilit=+ps2
  • and controller related stuff for none native controllers i use motionjoy it works great but every so often you need to test the vibration so that motionjoy and compy know it's there.