Build 814 Is Haunted

This build is extremely corrupt. I ran Death tormention 3 wad setting up the controls and what I always do when I tuned on smart texture filtering. Black lines appeared horizontal across the screen then blacked out. When every thing came back, a message at the bottom of my screen said { the video adapter suddenly stopped working and successfully recovered}.

Also..Randomly when I start,load a game on any wad, then vertical black lines appeared then the screen goes black. The ultimate doom intro screen looks very weird, like it has a washed look { trying to describe it }. The second intro screen with the credit names have black spots in them.

Ive played the 1.10 from all the way back from the early unstable builds and they were very solid compared to earlier unstable versions of doomsday. This is a problem I did never foresee for being cleaned up to stable 1.10. I am very torn because this. Doomsday is my debut port to the doom community and has been my favorite port since. I don't need this being like the let down 1.9.7 was, the code is finally past 1.9 and very stoked for hawthorne later on. I just want 1.10 to be playable on my laptop.

my specs

AMD A4 vision Code name LIano
Radeon HD 6480G video adapter
Pavilion g6

Comments

• Here are a few things you could try to help us diagnose the problem:
    • Install an older unstable build and see if the graphics errors persist.
    • Upgrade your video card drivers to the latest available ones.
  • I'm also interested to know why you considered Doomsday 1.9.7 a let down. Were you expecting something else?
  • doomsday 1.9.7 was not bad release but before I got my laptop I used my desktop with the nvidia geforce ti 4200. 1.9.7 gave me a wicked display glitch in the user interface. The status bar,menu and the pistol showed up white blocks, the intro screen was pure white. That alone make it unplayable for me. I did not mean it to sound awful when saying that. :)

Ill try 815 out to see any difference. The build before 814 did the same weirdness too.

Edit: I have the 13.3 beta catalyst driver installed.
  • 815 caused the same problems. I uninstalled all my drivers and installed AMD catalyst suite 64 bit that is not a beta release. Before I did that I just noticed radeon pro some how caused these problems, I ran doomsday without it and did fine. With the non beta driver,radeon pro now works fine.

I can force doomsday to run dual core with high process priority and no aero glass. Radeon pro allows it to run at blistering speeds.

Edit: I really appreciate your help.