Extra Effects

edited 2012 Sep 21 in Heretic
Hi all, i would like to know is there a way to add new blood effects in Heretic? I mean blood splashing on walls when you hit enemy close to them etc. Also i would like to ask you, is there a way to add fog effects in Heretic ??

Comments

• I thought you could already do something like that by making the particles flattened as splatter textures when they hit walls and/or floors.
  • Psychikon wrote:
    I thought you could already do something like that by making the particles flattened as splatter textures when they hit walls and/or floors.

I actually dont have this kind of feature in Control Panel:(. It should be in Particles right?
  • No, but it's part of the effects that are in the packs. I don't remember actually if jHeretic has it or not, but I thought I implemented that with the gargoyle - yet, if that's the case, then it's just the gargoyle alone...
  • Particle generators are an engine feature available to all supported games.
  • The Dday install only comes with particle generators set up for a few Doom1 bad guys and weapons, as examples.

If you want more complex ones or sets for all the bad guys or other games, you'll either have to make them yourself or cherry pick them from a Dday add-on.
  • I know this is a late reply but if you want cool blood effects then try downloading a gore pack from this link:
    http://voat5.angelfire.com/Doom.html