[Build604] Doom 2 problem (error loading map 2)

edited 2012 Aug 29 in Technical Support
Hey I downloaded Doomsday version 604 (so the newest one so far) and put HUD textures, environment textures and resource pack into addons. I have no problems running Plutonia, Evilution and Ultimate Doom but when i launch Doom 2 and hit the exit button on 1st level then i get stats i hit space button and then it hangs up :/ I use Win 7 x64. Can anyone help me with that? All addons work great so i guess it's not its fault but maybe WAD file for Doom 2?

Comments

• Looks like a regression in the latest build. Will fix...
  • This is the relevant part of the error. Happens when you try to go to Map02 (via Map01 or with the level warp cheat).
    Starting music 'stalks'...
    NetSv_SendGameState: Game setup: doom2 MAP02 skill4 coop
    Image_LoadFromFile: "data\graphics\loading1.png" (256x256)
    Image_LoadFromFile: "data\graphics\loading2.png" (256x256)
    Loading Map "MAP02"...
    createArchivedMap: Add record for map 'MAP02'.
    convertMap: Attempting conversion of 'MAP02'.
    WadMapConverter: Recognized a Doom format map.
    Linedef #491 seems to be a One-Sided Window (back faces sector #38).
    Blockmap::New: Width:15 Height:15
    Building BSP using tunable split factor of 7...
    Sector 0x2b26f70 #39 is unclosed near [736.0, 1212.0].
    CallbackThread: Uncaught exception: (Partitioner::hedgeInfo) Failed locating HEdgeInfo
                                        for 0x2c00394
    Con_Busy: Was busy for 0.11 seconds.
    Plug_RemoveHook: Failed to remove hook 045CA290 of type 5; currently processing a hook.
    Plug_RemoveHook: Failed to remove hook 045C74B0 of type 7; currently processing a hook.
    Plug_RemoveHook: Failed to remove hook 045C75F0 of type 8; currently processing a hook.
    Plug_RemoveHook: Failed to remove hook 045C7650 of type 9; currently processing a hook.
    Attempted to free pointer without ZONEID.

• Is there any way to fix it? Or maybe it doesn't occur on previous builds? Can anyone give me a suggestion what to do to play Doom 2 and other titles properly?

There is also a minor graphical glitch in Evilution map 02 when you enter the doors opened by red keycard there is a circle with water in the middle of the room, well this circle isn't rendered properly cuz you can see what you shouldn't, like there were some textures missing or you used no clipping cheat and go through the wall where is no room behind it.
  • scorpeus wrote:
    Is there any way to fix it? Or maybe it doesn't occur on previous builds? Can anyone give me a suggestion what to do to play Doom 2 and other titles properly?
    It doesn't occur in the previous build. You could downgrade to build 600 to play Doom 2 in the meantime until we fix it.
    There is also a minor graphical glitch in Evilution map 02 when you enter the doors opened by red keycard there is a circle with water in the middle of the room, well this circle isn't rendered properly cuz you can see what you shouldn't, like there were some textures missing or you used no clipping cheat and go through the wall where is no room behind it.
    This is a known issue which is currently scheduled to be fixed for the next (i.e., version 1.9.10) release.
  • Ok thank you. I'll be looking forward to next (fixed) release.
  • The error loading DOOM2 MAP02 has now been fixed in the 1.9.9 release candidate build 607.
  • Thank You I'll try it right away :)