User Interface Problem

For some reason when I boot doomsday. The title screen is all white and the menu text shows up blotchy making it impossible to read. Even the HUD is all white including the weapon sprites. This started when I downloaded any of the build type versions. Doomsday runs fine regardless of the very annoying problem. :(

Comments

• Have you installed Doomsday over the top of a much earlier version? Strange things have been known to happen in such a scenario.

Regardless, make a backup of your config files and then delete the originals allowing the engine to recreate them when you next start up. See if this resolves your problem.
  • Try running Dday with the -notexcomp command line option.

Dday compresses textures by default, but with some video cards, it leads to graphical glitches.
  • If the texture compression is indeed the cause of the problem then we need to know about it, including on which system configurations it is failing.
  • I got rid of all the files from the older versions and reinstalled 1.9.7 build 439. I deactivated the use texture compression in the OpenGL options hoping it solves the problem and no success. I am doing every thing in my power to narrow every thing down for you. My guess it is the texture compression or my video card. NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti4200 :-/
  • like you said it might be your vid card so try turing of tex compression there as it might be the cause of the problem
  • I have this issue occurring on my old PowerBook G4, and plan to look into it in the near future. At least for me disabling texture compression didn't help.

I believe this problem has started occurring somewhere between Beta 6.9 and the stable 1.9.7.
  • I just downloaded build481 just for the heck of it and the problem disappeared! Now I am very happy! 1.9.8 Did the trick! <:-P