The new Doom 2 ultimate soundtrack !! (Links Fixed !!)

edited 2012 Mar 5 in DOOM
Hello Doom freaks,

I've just finished my ultra-high-quality Doom 2 soundtrack arrangement, you can listen to a preview and download the whole thing ready for enjoying it with Doomsday / Risen3D here :

http://mp3.jwar.fr/doom/

More info in the " .txt " inside the archive.

@ADMINS : Feel free to add it to the " add on " section with the above link or whatever you want...

Enjoy.
J

Comments

• Those links don't lead to anything.
  • You must copy and past them into your browser.
  • Everything is fixed now, you might want to go directly there : http://mp3.jwar.fr/doom/

From this page, everything will be be way more simple ! :D
  • I get an error:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /doom/Doom.2.Hell.on.Earth.Soundtrack.-.Arranged.by.J-War.from.TW!Am.rar on this server."
  • It'd be much better if you swapped that link to the piece of not-all-that-useful shareware WinRAR with the better and free alternative 7-Zip.
  • Bloax wrote:
    It'd be much better if you swapped that link to the piece of not-all-that-useful shareware WinRAR with the better and free alternative 7-Zip.
    7z can extract RAR archives.
  • I know, which is why I'm suggesting to replace this:
    (When finished, extract the file on your computer with WinRAR)
    With this:
    (When finished, extract the file on your computer with 7-Zip)
  • never use 7-zip as it may be free but it's a resource hog and will not tell you if there is errors in the file your extracting and will just extract it anyways so if there is errors you will not know about them till it's too late.
  • Gordon wrote:
    never use 7-zip as it may be free but it's a resource hog and will not tell you if there is errors in the file your extracting and will just extract it anyways so if there is errors you will not know about them till it's too late.
    wut. evidence?
  • ok so after testing i found that they both use basically the same amount of memory but go up drastically depending if you keep moving around in the file browser but win rar still reports errors and the reason why people like 7-zip is because it dose not show the errors and still continues on unlike win rar witch stops. the only downside to 7-zip is it's inability to stop when it encounters an error like the kind that can happen with multi part files. i have had this problem with my download not being good with a 4 part file witch had errors in it and when combined was around 9 gigs yet would not work due to the errors that i later found out about by using win rar. i had to re-download it sevral times before it worked :(
  • I don't know about you, but I never use the file browser for more than a couple of seconds.

Never knew about the errors thing, though 9 GB sounds like a lot more than x86 applications can handle.

LZMA/2 is way superior to the speed-crippled PPMd WinRAR uses, however.
    Oh, and WinRAR bugs you each time you open it unless you buy/crack it. Shareware sucks.

But honestly, if you guys want something better than 7-Zip (Which is still better than WinRAR), get FreeArc.
    It's not popular due to the fact that's it's less known, but it sure is good.
  • will it tell you if there is an unexpected end of archive? and the shareware thing with winrar is not so bad as it only shows when you start it up then you may use it for as long as you like till the next time you load it.

Edit: if none of the programs can open what you want then there is the awesome dragon unpacker.
  • i have winrar myself to, and i find it to be real fast and not resource-demanding at all.

and it never bugs me anymore about registering it, while i didnt register it at all

and it opens up any kind of archived file, no matter which program it was packed with

and imo it sounds like your just fanboying, and i find it funny how you seem to be demanding someone to change what they said in a post to support 7zip.
    you cant just go push people like that cuz you're a fanboy of some other program, thats just plain rude
  • if i did sound rude then i am sorry and i know i was stating my side of how i see both programs and some times 7-zip can be useful just not all the time.
  • Well excuse me princess, didn't mean to wreck your train.
    It's just that I've dealt with WinRAR in the past, and the "oh yes I'm going to waste 5 seconds of your time each and every time you open me" screen got really, really old.

Though if it doesn't nag you, then sure - it's alright.

And if we're going to talk about format compatibility, I'm pretty certain IZArc is better in that aspect.
    Well, I certainly didn't formulate it nicely, guess it's because I was in the same mood I'm in now. (See: First line)

But I don't really demand it, just recommend it. That reminds me of why I posted that, actually.
    The download link (still) doesn't work. :/
  • Bloax wrote:
    ... The download link (still) doesn't work. :/
    Ditto.