1.9.7 Candidate Testing

Comments

• Yes, I was using SDL_Mixer.

I'd use FMOD, but there is a problem with it that's nagging me.

I have the Timidity++ program installed on my computer, so I can use the Timidity driver with custom soundfonts. I am using a soundfont on my computer that emulates the Sound Blaster AWE32 sound card (the name of the soundfont is 1mgm.sf2).

When I use FMOD, Doomsday doesn't recognize that I'm using the Timidity driver and uses the default MIDI synthesizer instead (Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth).

Is there a way I could use soundfonts with Doomsday or no?
  • Alright, well I'm going to be gone for two weeks. Hopefully this will be in a better state for some playtesting when I get back. B-)
  • i just came across a bug with the cross hairs in doom and heretic but not hexen and that is the color will not be sown for some cross hair types and in heretic it goes as far to make what it can't see invisible yes an awesome affect happens only with the cross bow and that is on some cross hair types the will be flickering at the edges. like rapidly pulsing. hard to describe and a pic might not capture what i am seeing but i will get one for you.

Edit: hereticext051.png here it is. the awesome i would like to be a feature.
  • edited 2012 Jan 17
    General (all games):
    [*] No map name on the automap.
    [*] No sound effect when resizing the screen.
    [*] Some map names make the default save game names to long to fit inside the the max number of characters allowed for a save game.

Chex Quest:
    [*]The original game has a green pain filter instead of red. It is changed to a longer green filter that doesn't fade in/out compared to Doom as well.
    [*]There is no Font B, whichs means doom font is used in the full screen hud and SP/MP Menu.
    [*]The message font is coloured red by default where as it should be green.
    [*]The player can still level warp to e1m6-9.
    [*]Flemoids don't disapear but just use invisible graphics, which leave shadows (one could pass them off as zorch marks though...) in Dday.
    [*]Ditto with bullet puffs (they are still spawned, but use blank graphics); Dday's dlight and shadow effects still appear.
    [*]Flemoidus Bipedicus with Armor (Imp) and Flembrane (Barron of Hell) missiles need to lose full bright to match the original game.
    [*]Flemoidus Commonus (Zombie man) and Flemoidus Bipedicus (Shotgun guy) shouldn't light up when they attack to match the original game.
    [*]Theres an uneeded Lost Soul mobj def in the games deds.

Couple of little visual tweak suggestions as well:
    [*]The armour graphic is a bit big for full screen hud
    [*]Rocket Missile could given additive bldending?
    [*]Plasma explosions could be given additive bldending?

HeXen DK:
    [*]Dday has no check for 1.1 over 1.0 (1.1 has a sndinfo lump, 1.0 doesn't).
    [*]No music beyond the title music (yes this is with the 1.1 patch installed).
    [*]Save game boxes are missing the right edge.
    [*]The life gem on the STBAR hud has tiling issues against the main chain.
    [*]Issues with the sound origins for the lowering walls behind the player start on Ruined Village and also the lift up from the slime along the side of the main structure on Bad Lands. Both of these are high speed movements if that matters.
    [*]New mobj blockmap code prevents completion of Sump by preventing the rings from lowering in the northern section of the map; I know the old blockmap code is planned to be re-instated to deal with a couple of monster traps in Doom, but this occasion in HeXen DK actually prevents the players progress.
    [*]Footclipping doesn't occur until after the screen wipe (the screen wipe occurs and then the player falls after map start. Sump is a good place to test this as the player starts in foot clipping slime.
  • Here's a weird problem I had downloading the latest build (381).

Doomsday worked fine and all, as I completed episode 1 of Ultimate Doom. So then I moved to Episode 2.

After turning the corner at the beginning of E2M1, something weird happened. The status bar disappeared and then had a green strip at the bottom of the screen. When I tried to press Escape to bring up the menu, nothing showed up, but I could still navigate. If you pressed F7 or F10 to End/Quit the game, for example, the text telling you to press Y or N to end/quit didn't appear, but I could still press Y or N.

I then tried to get back into Doomsday by exiting and relaunching. Now the game crashes/freezes before "starting game" is finished, and I get this error message:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
      Application Name:	Doomsday.exe
      Application Version:	1.9.7.0
      Application Timestamp:	4f13f8a7
      Fault Module Name:	jDoom.dll
      Fault Module Version:	1.15.9.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:	4f13f948
      Exception Code:	c0000005
      Exception Offset:	00046b37
      OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	0a9e
      Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
      Additional Information 3:	0a9e
      Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

No extra add-ons were used. Even after reinstalling, I haven't been able to get back into Doomsday.

Would I need to completely uninstall Doomsday?
  • edited 2012 Jan 17
    To add something regarding HeXen that I forgot to mention yesterday; skies don't scroll in the new builds, in HeXen or HeXen DK.

Also, a long standing bug with Dday that I've just remembered; In standard gameplay corpses only fall off ledges when the entire hitbox has gone over the edge, however when loading a save game, Dday determines what sector they are in based on where the center of the hitbox is. If the center of the hitbox of a corpse is over an edge, this leads to corpses dropping off ledges they shouldn't, right after a save game has been loaded.

Also, automap marker numbers aren't upscaled.
  • If you stand on a mobj whose hitbox is right against or partially through a wall, you can clip through the wall up to the edge of it's hitbox. This can occur any wall, regardless of wheter it is 1 sided or under a ledge.

As this attached screenshot of me standing on a barrel in HeXen DK shows.

Also, the alert status of the bad guys that teleport into HeXen maps via scripts appears to get reset in save games; the next wave that teleports in after you load a save game are deaf if you haven't fired a weapon since loading the game. Given that Dday corrects the similar issue for active bad guys on a map when you load a save game, maybe it should, if possible, here as well?

Also, there are some rendering issues with the icicles that ring in the inside of the path of the Poly Obj in the north most room of Ice Hold in HeXen DK. They flicker as the Poly Obj moves around.

You can't fire hitscan attacks downward at sharp angles in HeXen or HeXen DK in the new builds; this is especially noticeable in Abattoir in HeXen DK, where you have to jump down a deep and narrow pit and land on top of a Stalker; you can't hit him with say the Fighters Axe.

Finally, there is no scream sound if you fall a fatal distance in HeXen or HeXen DK.
  • Pwad replacement sprites are accidently being treated as non-Pwad replacement sprites (i.e. as if they are being loaded from the patches folder). This means that instead of just replacing the original graphics, that they are also being stretched or shrunk to the dimensions of the graphics they are replacing.
  • I'm using Doomsday to run the HEXENDD.wad directly from it's folder in the /steamapps directory, but was using the HEXEN.wad in the separately installed Hexen folder (Steam installed the Heretic/Hexen collection into separate folders for each game and for each expansion; I don't know why) for the jHexen base. Using this configuration, I got an error that, from what I could gather, told me that Hexen, as it was, was "an incomplete game". I'm having trouble find the actual output file, so any help directing me towards that would be helping you figure this out.

In the meantime, I solved the error by placing the HEXEN.wad file in the same folder as the HEXENDD.wad file.
  • I want to follow up on that Plutonia 2 animating texture issue that was fixed recently.

I checked out the bloodfalls in Map15. They don't look screwed up anymore, but the brightness of the bloodfalls keeps alternating between being dimmed and being bright, something that does not happen in other source ports. Just go into the center room and look at the bloodfalls on the right.

I also have another suggestion for menu navigation. Can you make it so that you can use the mouse to move the skull up or down on the menu? This feature can be seen in Vanilla Doom. I know you can use the left mouse button to make a selection on the menu, but why not include moving your mouse up/down to navigate on the menus?
  • Your Statement reminds me that there was an discussion about that Steam not delivers the latest version of Hexen.

Would it be possible, that it is so ?
    Probably it could cause the problem ?
  • IIRC, the bloodfall in PL2 uses the FIREBLU textures; these textures are full bright in Dday, but aren't in other ports or Vanilla.

Back in the very early days, Dday added the ability for textures and flats to be full bright (The vanilla Doom engine could only achieve full bright by setting various colours in the pallete it'self) and hence the dev's went through the original textures and flats in Doom/Heretic and HeXen, selecting ones they thought would benefit from this new visual feature and set them to be full bright.

Now days, due to other recent visual features and improvements, the formly full bright flats have now become semi-brightened.

The difference is that there is a hack of sorts one can do with animated textures in Vanilla Doom to add/remove frames. Bizarely rather than use the original Blood fall animation here, PL2's dev's decided to use this hack to extend the FIREBLU texture animation. These extra frames in the animation aren't brightened automatically by Dday, for the obvious reason that they are made from new textures.

It's something that is not overly difficult to understand in action, but it's long winded to explain IMO.
  • I checked out the bloodfalls in Map15. They don't look screwed up anymore, but the brightness of the bloodfalls keeps alternating between being dimmed and being bright, something that does not happen in other source ports. Just go into the center room and look at the bloodfalls on the right.
    I am aware of this issue. The reason it occurs is because Material definitions are used to apply an animated glow to this animation. However, each frame in the animation is overridden individually rather than as a whole in Plutonia 2, i.e., the first and last frames of the animation are the same (they needed to be, given it replaces an existing animation). You can observe this by setting cvar "rend-glow 0".

The solution to this is to handle whole animations as units, rather than as a series of individual Material frames. This is what I've been working toward with the materials system since the very first implementation, which has only now become possible.
    I also have another suggestion for menu navigation. Can you make it so that you can use the mouse to move the skull up or down on the menu? This feature can be seen in Vanilla Doom. I know you can use the left mouse button to make a selection on the menu, but why not include moving your mouse up/down to navigate on the menus?
    Its certainly doable but not for the upcoming 1.9.7 release.
  • That may be. I've found a few game-breaking bugs that ought to have been fixed in any patched version of Death Kings. Such as the area in "Sump" (Hub 1: Blight) where concentric walls are supposed to the lower successively when the Chaos Serpent immediately outside is killed. I killed the first Serpent and the first wall never lowered, but I heard the droning noise of a moving wall that must have been stuck.

I don't understand why id/Raven submitted unpatched versions of the game to Steam.
  • The arguments to S_MapMusic() are now logical episode and map numbers rather than the "warp" numbers used by Hexen's map change cheat.

I'm using Sycraft's Hexen Soundtrack addon, and while the title music plays fine, no game music plays. Do I have to manually rename each track now? What do I name them?
  • predcon wrote:
    That may be. I've found a few game-breaking bugs that ought to have been fixed in any patched version of Death Kings. Such as the area in "Sump" (Hub 1: Blight) where concentric walls are supposed to the lower successively when the Chaos Serpent immediately outside is killed. I killed the first Serpent and the first wall never lowered, but I heard the droning noise of a moving wall that must have been stuck.

That particular bug is related to Dday: viewtopic.php?f=9&p=5883#p5861
  • edited 2012 Jan 18
    You have to patch your version of HeXen DK to 1.1 for non-CD music to work; this was required for the original game and it is required for Dday as Dday uses the same Iwad lumps as the original game to read music for HeXen and DK.

The patch can be downloaded here:
    http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=7022

Note the patch notes incorrectly state it fixes the CD (redbook) music. The CD music worked fine in 1.0 and the patch actually fixes non-CD music.

Unlike Doom and Heretic, HeXen has an Iwad lump (SNDINFO) that matches the music to the levels. This is why Dday doesn't have music defs for HeXen and DK. Though if Dday did include music defs for HeXen and DK, it would eliminate the need for the user to install the 1.1 patch for DK. Of course it's not as easy as that, as Dday would need coding to discard said defs if a pwad with a modified SNDINFO lump that changed music, was loaded.
  • edited 2012 Jan 18
    {EDIT}
    Hang on, "version" said "jHexen is based on Hexen v1.1". Let me patch it then reinstall #383 and see what happens.
  • Ah, you said HeXen, not HeXen DK. I guess I was reading on from your other thread about HeXen DK. My apologies.
  • No, I'm still talking about Hexen DK. Why, was there something between #381 and #383 that would cause external files not to play beyond the title in an unpatched version?

For reference, this was the "readme" that was included in the Hexen DK folder in /steamapps.
    To Install

Deathkings of the Dark Citadel requires Hexen v1.1. To install,
    copy all the files in this base directory to your hexen\base folder,
    overwriting any existing files. Then copy hexendk.bat into the hexen
    folder.

To Run

Run using hexendk.bat

So yeah, pretty hi-tech. Anyway, that's why I assumed the game was already patched to v1.1. I hadn't realized that Hexen DK was also at v1.1 (usually the original game is a couple of version points higher than any given sequel or expansion, if the expansion isn't 1.0).

Patching DK to v1.1 did the trick, but I still don't know why the external files worked before now. Was something working that wasn't supposed to?
  • predcon wrote:
    No, I'm still talking about Hexen DK. Why, was there something between #381 and #383 that would cause external files not to play beyond the title in an unpatched version?
    Yes, it was a general issue that affected all music, both original and external.
  • Hello, thanks for the recent fixes, after testing today's build and looking at the dropbox bug list, some issues seem to remain (with screenshots).
    The title screen and menu titles are no longer Ultimate Doom, but still not the Doom 2 ones...they show up as plain old Doom.
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/bloodbatgot/Doomsday%20Errors/titwrong.jpg
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/bloodbatgot/Doomsday%20Errors/menutit.jpg
    When grabbing invulnerability...textures are plastered (though semitransparent) all over the screen :S
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/bloodbatgot/Doomsday%20Errors/invul.jpg
    Finally, barrels are...empty...
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/bloodbatgot/Doomsday%20Errors/nobarrels.jpg
    Here's doomsday out (I edit all the powerups I grabbed)
    Executable: Doomsday Engine 1.9.7 [#383] (Candidate 32-bit) Jan 18 2012 12:12:57.
    Sys_InitWindowManager: Using Win32 window management.
    Initializing plugins...
      jDoom
      jHeretic
      jHexen
      dpdehread
      dpwadmapconverter
    OpenGL information:
      Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
      Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
      Version: 4.2.11414 Compatibility Profile Context
      Available Compressed Texture Formats: 20
      Available Texture Units: 8
      Maximum Texture Anisotropy: 16
      Maximum Texture Size: 16384
      Line Width Granularity: 0.1
      Line Width Range: 1.0...63.0
      Extensions:
        GL_AMDX_debug_output           GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessella
        GL_AMD_conservative_depth      GL_AMD_debug_output           
        GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate    GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend     
        GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect     GL_AMD_name_gen_delete        
        GL_AMD_performance_monitor     GL_AMD_pinned_memory          
        GL_AMD_sample_positions        GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_te
        GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export   GL_AMD_shader_trace           
        GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array  GL_AMD_texture_texture4       
        GL_AMD_transform_feedback3_lin GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellat
        GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility       GL_ARB_base_instance          
        GL_ARB_blend_func_extended     GL_ARB_color_buffer_float     
        GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixe GL_ARB_conservative_depth     
        GL_ARB_copy_buffer             GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float     
        GL_ARB_depth_clamp             GL_ARB_depth_texture          
        GL_ARB_draw_buffers            GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend     
        GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vert GL_ARB_draw_indirect          
        GL_ARB_draw_instanced          GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_locatio
        GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventi GL_ARB_fragment_program       
        GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader        
        GL_ARB_framebuffer_object      GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB       
        GL_ARB_geometry_shader4        GL_ARB_get_program_binary     
        GL_ARB_gpu_shader5             GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64        
        GL_ARB_half_float_pixel        GL_ARB_half_float_vertex      
        GL_ARB_imaging                 GL_ARB_instanced_arrays       
        GL_ARB_internalformat_query    GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment   
        GL_ARB_map_buffer_range        GL_ARB_multisample            
        GL_ARB_multitexture            GL_ARB_occlusion_query        
        GL_ARB_occlusion_query2        GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object    
        GL_ARB_point_parameters        GL_ARB_point_sprite           
        GL_ARB_provoking_vertex        GL_ARB_sample_shading         
        GL_ARB_sampler_objects         GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map      
        GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters 
        GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding     GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store
        GL_ARB_shader_objects          GL_ARB_shader_precision       
        GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export   GL_ARB_shader_subroutine      
        GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod      GL_ARB_shading_language_100   
        GL_ARB_shading_language_420pac GL_ARB_shading_language_packin
        GL_ARB_shadow                  GL_ARB_shadow_ambient         
        GL_ARB_sync                    GL_ARB_tessellation_shader    
        GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp    GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object  
        GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_r GL_ARB_texture_compression    
        GL_ARB_texture_compression_bpt GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgt
        GL_ARB_texture_cube_map        GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array 
        GL_ARB_texture_env_add         GL_ARB_texture_env_combine    
        GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar    GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3       
        GL_ARB_texture_float           GL_ARB_texture_gather         
        GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample    
        GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_tw GL_ARB_texture_query_lod      
        GL_ARB_texture_rectangle       GL_ARB_texture_rg             
        GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui      GL_ARB_texture_snorm          
        GL_ARB_texture_storage         GL_ARB_timer_query            
        GL_ARB_transform_feedback2     GL_ARB_transform_feedback3    
        GL_ARB_transform_feedback_inst GL_ARB_transpose_matrix       
        GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object   GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra      
        GL_ARB_vertex_array_object     GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit    
        GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object    GL_ARB_vertex_program         
        GL_ARB_vertex_shader           GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_
        GL_ARB_viewport_array          GL_ARB_window_pos             
        GL_ATI_draw_buffers            GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap         
        GL_ATI_fragment_shader         GL_ATI_meminfo                
        GL_ATI_separate_stencil        GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc
        GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3    GL_ATI_texture_float          
        GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once     GL_EXT_abgr                   
        GL_EXT_bgra                    GL_EXT_bindable_uniform       
        GL_EXT_blend_color             GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate
        GL_EXT_blend_func_separate     GL_EXT_blend_minmax           
        GL_EXT_blend_subtract          GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array  
        GL_EXT_copy_buffer             GL_EXT_copy_texture           
        GL_EXT_direct_state_access     GL_EXT_draw_buffers2          
        GL_EXT_draw_instanced          GL_EXT_draw_range_elements    
        GL_EXT_fog_coord               GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit       
        GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object     
        GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB        GL_EXT_geometry_shader4       
        GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters  GL_EXT_gpu_shader4            
        GL_EXT_histogram               GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays      
        GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil    GL_EXT_packed_float           
        GL_EXT_packed_pixels           GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object    
        GL_EXT_point_parameters        GL_EXT_provoking_vertex       
        GL_EXT_rescale_normal          GL_EXT_secondary_color        
        GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store
        GL_EXT_shadow_funcs            GL_EXT_stencil_wrap           
        GL_EXT_subtexture              GL_EXT_texgen_reflection      
        GL_EXT_texture3D               GL_EXT_texture_array          
        GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object   GL_EXT_texture_compression_bpt
        GL_EXT_texture_compression_lat GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgt
        GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3t GL_EXT_texture_cube_map       
        GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp      GL_EXT_texture_env_add        
        GL_EXT_texture_env_combine     GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3       
        GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotro GL_EXT_texture_integer        
        GL_EXT_texture_lod             GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias       
        GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp    GL_EXT_texture_object         
        GL_EXT_texture_rectangle       GL_EXT_texture_sRGB           
        GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_snorm          
        GL_EXT_texture_storage         GL_EXT_texture_swizzle        
        GL_EXT_timer_query             GL_EXT_transform_feedback     
        GL_EXT_vertex_array            GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra      
        GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit     GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat
        GL_KTX_buffer_region           GL_NV_blend_square            
        GL_NV_conditional_render       GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color     
        GL_NV_copy_image               GL_NV_explicit_multisample    
        GL_NV_float_buffer             GL_NV_half_float              
        GL_NV_primitive_restart        GL_NV_texgen_reflection       
        GL_NV_texture_barrier          GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap       
        GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp     GL_SGIS_texture_lod           
        GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays       GL_WIN_swap_hint              
        WGL_EXT_swap_control          
      Extensions (WGL):
        WGL_ARB_extensions_string      WGL_ARB_pixel_format          
        WGL_ATI_pixel_format_float     WGL_ARB_pixel_format_float    
        WGL_ARB_multisample            WGL_EXT_swap_control          
        WGL_EXT_swap_control_tear      WGL_ARB_pbuffer               
        WGL_ARB_render_texture         WGL_ARB_make_current_read     
        WGL_EXT_extensions_string      WGL_ARB_buffer_region         
        WGL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB       WGL_ATI_render_texture_rectang
        WGL_EXT_pixel_format_packed_fl WGL_I3D_genlock               
        WGL_NV_swap_group              WGL_ARB_create_context        
        WGL_AMD_gpu_association        WGL_AMDX_gpu_association      
        WGL_ARB_create_context_profile WGL_NV_float_buffer           
    Initializing Render subsystem...
    Setting up platform state...
    I_InitJoystick: C
    Sfx_InitChannels: 16 channels.
    S_Init: OK.
    Initializing Resource subsystem...
    Initializing Binding subsystem...
    Initializing InFine subsystem...
    Initializing UI subsystem...
    Loading game resources...
      IWAD identification: 00f7e7db
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb032.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb033.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb034.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb035.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb036.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb037.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb038.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb039.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb040.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb041.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb042.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb043.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb044.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb045.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb046.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb047.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb048.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb049.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb050.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb051.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb052.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb053.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb054.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb055.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb056.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb057.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb058.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb059.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb060.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb061.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb062.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb063.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb064.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb065.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb066.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb067.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb068.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb069.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb070.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb071.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb072.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb073.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb074.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb075.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb076.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb077.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb078.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb079.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb080.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb081.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb082.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb083.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb084.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb085.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb086.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb087.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb088.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb089.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb090.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\mapmask.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\menufog.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\m_therm2.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\pal18to8.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\sndcurve.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\stcfn032.lmp" already loaded.
    Parsing primary config "configs\doom\game.cfg"...
    Clearing binding context 'deui'...
    Clearing binding context 'console'...
    Clearing binding context 'message'...
    Clearing binding context 'chat'...
    Clearing binding context 'shortcut'...
    Clearing binding context 'gameui'...
    Clearing binding context 'menu'...
    Clearing binding context 'map-freepan'...
    Clearing binding context 'map'...
    Clearing binding context 'game'...
    Parsing definition files...
    Definitions:
       48 animation groups
        5 composite fonts
       10 finales
      174 lights
       33 map infos
        4 materials
     1394 models
      147 particle generators
        3 skies
       36 songs
      110 sound effects
      138 sprite names
     1368 states
      106 surface decorations
       50 surface reflections
      366 text strings
        4 texture environments
      140 things
    Warning: Failed locating model "LostSoul/Lostsoul_flame.md2", ignoring.
    Warning: Texture "Particle00" not found.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    DOOM 2: Hell on Earth
    NetSv_SendGameState: Game setup: doom2 MAP18 skill4 coop
    Loading Map "MAP18"...
    GL_GetReservedTextureName: Sleeping until new names available.

Map 18: The Courtyard
    Author: id Software
    [...]
    Invulnerability!
    Wrote screenshot "doom2-000.tga"
    Wrote screenshot "doom2-001.tga"
    Shutting down the console...

Two other questions...why is it slower to load everything now? And, while playing, why does it "hitch" at times, it didn't do that before, it ran quite smoothly?

• Bloodbat wrote:
    The title screen and menu titles are no longer Ultimate Doom, but still not the Doom 2 ones...they show up as plain old Doom.
    I'll look into it.
    When grabbing invulnerability...textures are plastered (though semitransparent) all over the screen :S
    Seems to be an issue in the model renderer, it never actually enables GL_TEXTURE_2D it just assumes its enabled. Will fix.
    Two other questions...why is it slower to load everything now? And, while playing, why does it "hitch" at times, it didn't do that before, it ran quite smoothly?
    According to your doomsday.out - "GL_GetReservedTextureName: Sleeping until new names available.", the engine was forced to sit idle during startup, waiting on the opportunity to upload texture content to your videocard. This may have been a temporary, system-specific issue. Try it again a few times and let us know if it always occurs.
  • Thanks for everything, will check the "GL_GetReservedTextureName" issue.
  • The puzzle in Brackenwood (Hub 1: Blight) is bugged. If the devs aren't familiar with the puzzle, it goes like this: Before you enter the outer ring of the area, you are shown a symbol on a tile, either an "empty circle", a "crescent moon" or a "star", and you have to "activate" the "symbol pillar" that pops up so that it descends and cycles through to the next symbol, and then push the switch next to it to activate the next pillar. The last switch (you have to do them in a given order; one pops up after you do the previous) doesn't match the symbol of the other three. Ex: I was given the "star", but the last one was only activated by the "empty circle".

I'm not sure if this is a bug related to Doomsday or to Hexen DK itself.

{EDIT}
    Unless I'm completely mistaken, and the symbols are meant to change after each one is activated, and I've just been extremely lucky up till this point that I'd never had to back and check on the first symbol tile.
  • predcon wrote:
    Hang on, "version" said "jHexen is based on Hexen v1.1". Let me patch it then reinstall #383 and see what happens.
    Note that the version command is talking about the version of the source code used as a basis for the jHexen game component. This does not mean that the resource data you have loaded is from that version.
  • I just played and didn't get the "GL_GetReservedTextureName" error, indeed, it loaded a tad faster (though not as fast as before); but the framerate hiccups still occur, mostly after opening a door or looking into an area I haven't turned to face before. It's a fraction of a second but...Still disruptive.
    Doomsday out (again, I edit out the pickups):
    Executable: Doomsday Engine 1.9.7 [#383] (Candidate 32-bit) Jan 18 2012 12:12:57.
    Sys_InitWindowManager: Using Win32 window management.
    Initializing plugins...
      jDoom
      jHeretic
      jHexen
      dpdehread
      dpwadmapconverter
    OpenGL information:
      Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
      Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
      Version: 4.2.11414 Compatibility Profile Context
      Available Compressed Texture Formats: 20
      Available Texture Units: 8
      Maximum Texture Anisotropy: 16
      Maximum Texture Size: 16384
      Line Width Granularity: 0.1
      Line Width Range: 1.0...63.0
      Extensions:
        GL_AMDX_debug_output           GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessella
        GL_AMD_conservative_depth      GL_AMD_debug_output           
        GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate    GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend     
        GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect     GL_AMD_name_gen_delete        
        GL_AMD_performance_monitor     GL_AMD_pinned_memory          
        GL_AMD_sample_positions        GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_te
        GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export   GL_AMD_shader_trace           
        GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array  GL_AMD_texture_texture4       
        GL_AMD_transform_feedback3_lin GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellat
        GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility       GL_ARB_base_instance          
        GL_ARB_blend_func_extended     GL_ARB_color_buffer_float     
        GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixe GL_ARB_conservative_depth     
        GL_ARB_copy_buffer             GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float     
        GL_ARB_depth_clamp             GL_ARB_depth_texture          
        GL_ARB_draw_buffers            GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend     
        GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vert GL_ARB_draw_indirect          
        GL_ARB_draw_instanced          GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_locatio
        GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventi GL_ARB_fragment_program       
        GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader        
        GL_ARB_framebuffer_object      GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB       
        GL_ARB_geometry_shader4        GL_ARB_get_program_binary     
        GL_ARB_gpu_shader5             GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64        
        GL_ARB_half_float_pixel        GL_ARB_half_float_vertex      
        GL_ARB_imaging                 GL_ARB_instanced_arrays       
        GL_ARB_internalformat_query    GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment   
        GL_ARB_map_buffer_range        GL_ARB_multisample            
        GL_ARB_multitexture            GL_ARB_occlusion_query        
        GL_ARB_occlusion_query2        GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object    
        GL_ARB_point_parameters        GL_ARB_point_sprite           
        GL_ARB_provoking_vertex        GL_ARB_sample_shading         
        GL_ARB_sampler_objects         GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map      
        GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters 
        GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding     GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store
        GL_ARB_shader_objects          GL_ARB_shader_precision       
        GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export   GL_ARB_shader_subroutine      
        GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod      GL_ARB_shading_language_100   
        GL_ARB_shading_language_420pac GL_ARB_shading_language_packin
        GL_ARB_shadow                  GL_ARB_shadow_ambient         
        GL_ARB_sync                    GL_ARB_tessellation_shader    
        GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp    GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object  
        GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_r GL_ARB_texture_compression    
        GL_ARB_texture_compression_bpt GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgt
        GL_ARB_texture_cube_map        GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array 
        GL_ARB_texture_env_add         GL_ARB_texture_env_combine    
        GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar    GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3       
        GL_ARB_texture_float           GL_ARB_texture_gather         
        GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample    
        GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_tw GL_ARB_texture_query_lod      
        GL_ARB_texture_rectangle       GL_ARB_texture_rg             
        GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui      GL_ARB_texture_snorm          
        GL_ARB_texture_storage         GL_ARB_timer_query            
        GL_ARB_transform_feedback2     GL_ARB_transform_feedback3    
        GL_ARB_transform_feedback_inst GL_ARB_transpose_matrix       
        GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object   GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra      
        GL_ARB_vertex_array_object     GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit    
        GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object    GL_ARB_vertex_program         
        GL_ARB_vertex_shader           GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_
        GL_ARB_viewport_array          GL_ARB_window_pos             
        GL_ATI_draw_buffers            GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap         
        GL_ATI_fragment_shader         GL_ATI_meminfo                
        GL_ATI_separate_stencil        GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc
        GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3    GL_ATI_texture_float          
        GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once     GL_EXT_abgr                   
        GL_EXT_bgra                    GL_EXT_bindable_uniform       
        GL_EXT_blend_color             GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate
        GL_EXT_blend_func_separate     GL_EXT_blend_minmax           
        GL_EXT_blend_subtract          GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array  
        GL_EXT_copy_buffer             GL_EXT_copy_texture           
        GL_EXT_direct_state_access     GL_EXT_draw_buffers2          
        GL_EXT_draw_instanced          GL_EXT_draw_range_elements    
        GL_EXT_fog_coord               GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit       
        GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object     
        GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB        GL_EXT_geometry_shader4       
        GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters  GL_EXT_gpu_shader4            
        GL_EXT_histogram               GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays      
        GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil    GL_EXT_packed_float           
        GL_EXT_packed_pixels           GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object    
        GL_EXT_point_parameters        GL_EXT_provoking_vertex       
        GL_EXT_rescale_normal          GL_EXT_secondary_color        
        GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store
        GL_EXT_shadow_funcs            GL_EXT_stencil_wrap           
        GL_EXT_subtexture              GL_EXT_texgen_reflection      
        GL_EXT_texture3D               GL_EXT_texture_array          
        GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object   GL_EXT_texture_compression_bpt
        GL_EXT_texture_compression_lat GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgt
        GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3t GL_EXT_texture_cube_map       
        GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp      GL_EXT_texture_env_add        
        GL_EXT_texture_env_combine     GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3       
        GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotro GL_EXT_texture_integer        
        GL_EXT_texture_lod             GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias       
        GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp    GL_EXT_texture_object         
        GL_EXT_texture_rectangle       GL_EXT_texture_sRGB           
        GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_snorm          
        GL_EXT_texture_storage         GL_EXT_texture_swizzle        
        GL_EXT_timer_query             GL_EXT_transform_feedback     
        GL_EXT_vertex_array            GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra      
        GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit     GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat
        GL_KTX_buffer_region           GL_NV_blend_square            
        GL_NV_conditional_render       GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color     
        GL_NV_copy_image               GL_NV_explicit_multisample    
        GL_NV_float_buffer             GL_NV_half_float              
        GL_NV_primitive_restart        GL_NV_texgen_reflection       
        GL_NV_texture_barrier          GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap       
        GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp     GL_SGIS_texture_lod           
        GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays       GL_WIN_swap_hint              
        WGL_EXT_swap_control          
      Extensions (WGL):
        WGL_ARB_extensions_string      WGL_ARB_pixel_format          
        WGL_ATI_pixel_format_float     WGL_ARB_pixel_format_float    
        WGL_ARB_multisample            WGL_EXT_swap_control          
        WGL_EXT_swap_control_tear      WGL_ARB_pbuffer               
        WGL_ARB_render_texture         WGL_ARB_make_current_read     
        WGL_EXT_extensions_string      WGL_ARB_buffer_region         
        WGL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB       WGL_ATI_render_texture_rectang
        WGL_EXT_pixel_format_packed_fl WGL_I3D_genlock               
        WGL_NV_swap_group              WGL_ARB_create_context        
        WGL_AMD_gpu_association        WGL_AMDX_gpu_association      
        WGL_ARB_create_context_profile WGL_NV_float_buffer           
    Initializing Render subsystem...
    Setting up platform state...
    I_InitJoystick: C
    Sfx_InitChannels: 16 channels.
    S_Init: OK.
    Initializing Resource subsystem...
    Initializing Binding subsystem...
    Initializing InFine subsystem...
    Initializing UI subsystem...
    Loading game resources...
      IWAD identification: 00f7e7db
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb032.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb033.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb034.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb035.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb036.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb037.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb038.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb039.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb040.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb041.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb042.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb043.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb044.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb045.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb046.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb047.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb048.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb049.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb050.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb051.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb052.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb053.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb054.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb055.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb056.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb057.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb058.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb059.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb060.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb061.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb062.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb063.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb064.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb065.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb066.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb067.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb068.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb069.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb070.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb071.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb072.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb073.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb074.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb075.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb076.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb077.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb078.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb079.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb080.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb081.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb082.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb083.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb084.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb085.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb086.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb087.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb088.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb089.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\fontb090.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\mapmask.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\menufog.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\m_therm2.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\pal18to8.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\sndcurve.lmp" already loaded.
    "data\jdoom\auto\.basedata\stcfn032.lmp" already loaded.
    Parsing primary config "configs\doom\game.cfg"...
    Clearing binding context 'deui'...
    Clearing binding context 'console'...
    Clearing binding context 'message'...
    Clearing binding context 'chat'...
    Clearing binding context 'shortcut'...
    Clearing binding context 'gameui'...
    Clearing binding context 'menu'...
    Clearing binding context 'map-freepan'...
    Clearing binding context 'map'...
    Clearing binding context 'game'...
    Parsing definition files...
    Definitions:
       48 animation groups
        5 composite fonts
       10 finales
      174 lights
       33 map infos
        4 materials
     1394 models
      147 particle generators
        3 skies
       36 songs
      110 sound effects
      138 sprite names
     1368 states
      106 surface decorations
       50 surface reflections
      366 text strings
        4 texture environments
      140 things
    Warning: Texture "Particle00" not found.
    DOOM 2: Hell on Earth
    NetSv_SendGameState: Game setup: doom2 MAP01 skill3 coop
    Loading Map "MAP01"...

Map 1: Entryway
    [...]
    NetSv_SendGameState: Game setup: doom2 MAP02 skill3 coop
    Loading Map "MAP02"...
    hardenLeaf: Warning orphan subsector 065410F0.
    Sector #39 is unclosed near (736.0,1212.0)
    Sector #39 is unclosed near (728.0,1208.0)

Map 2: Underhalls
    [...]
    NetSv_SendGameState: Game setup: doom2 MAP03 skill3 coop
    Loading Map "MAP03"...

Map 3: The gantlet
    [...]
    NetSv_SendGameState: Game setup: doom2 MAP04 skill3 coop
    Loading Map "MAP04"...

Map 4: The focus

[...]
    NetSv_SendGameState: Game setup: doom2 MAP05 skill3 coop
    Loading Map "MAP05"...

Map 5: The Waste Tunnels

Shutting down the console...

BTW, isn't Map 3 supposed to read "The Gauntlet"?
    Another question: is it possible to somehow get the sound samples played with fmod (so I can get reverbs and arguably better sound quality) and the midis with sdl_mixer? The soundfont fmod uses (Windows', I believe) sounds to my ears like crap compared to the one I use with my X-Fi.

Thanks
  • Bloodbat wrote:
    ...it loaded a tad faster (though not as fast as before)
    It depends on your configuration. Doomsday now locates resources for all installed games during initial startup to facilitate changing game dynamically from the console. This adds a little overhead to the startup process, however it shouldn't take more than a couple of seconds at most. Addon loading, which was previously the big bottleneck is now much faster.
    Bloodbat wrote:
    BTW, isn't Map 3 supposed to read "The Gauntlet"?
    That is a well known issue with Doom II, it doesn't use the same names for all maps in all the places they are referenced.
    Bloodbat wrote:
    is it possible to somehow get the sound samples played with fmod (so I can get reverbs and arguably better sound quality) and the midis with sdl_mixer? The soundfont fmod uses (Windows', I believe) sounds to my ears like crap compared to the one I use with my X-Fi.
    When using FMOD you can specify your own sound font using the console variable "music-soundfont". Set this cvar to the path to your sound font and Doomsday will instruct FMOD to use it for MIDI playback.
  • The secret level (Armory) in Hexen DK's Hub 2 (Constable's Gate) has EVERY weapon in it, I guess since it's the castle's armory. But it has player types' weapon and superweapon segment in it. To boot, if a player moves over a superweapon segment that doesn't belong to it (i.e. a Cleric tries to pick up a Quietus segment), the player gets all his mana back, and the segment remains. It's like a mana recharge spot or something. Collecting a superweapon segment of a superweapon already completed just acts like a Combined Mana (Red Mana) piece.

(OT: In future, be sure to PM me or email me if you're going to move all my posts to the gestalt Candidate thread, and that I should make all future posts there if you suspect I wasn't aware that I should. I figured it out on my own.....this time. ;) )
  • DaniJ wrote:
    When using FMOD you can specify your own sound font using the console variable "music-soundfont". Set this cvar to the path to your sound font and Doomsday will instruct FMOD to use it for MIDI playback.

I understand Fmod uses only .dls files, not .sf2? Am I wrong?