Music Issue.

I've come across this issue before in the past, but it still seems to be present, even with the new build 325. I have some Playstation game music in the form of Mp3s. In the add-ons list in Snowberry, I have a file called "PSMusic.pk3" in the list. Within that file is Mp3s that correspond with the old midi file names, like "D_Adrian.mp3", etc.. When I start the game, the menu music plays just fine. However, when I load any level after that, there is no more music; only silence. How do I fix this? I've tried using the playstation music in both pk3 format and WAD format.

Comments

• I haven't played the PS version, but try "Sycraft's Hexen Soundtrack". It's a more recent mastering (not a remix) than the PS version, and he's also remastered the Doom and Heretic tracks. It's also easy to install into your addons menu (It's all in one zip). Plus, I think the newer beta builds (it's #346 now) have had issues with CD music tracks, specifically that while the standardized track listing of a CD would label the data track as #1, whomever labeled the tracks for the original CD version also labeled the first track #1 instead of #2.
  • Thanks, but I've already tried Syncraft's Music. It works, but the Playstation music is still the best soundtrack by far. If you haven't heard it, the music consists of very creepy ambient works. The soundtrack I have is 400MB, and is very high quality. I could never find a replacement for it! If anyone knows why I'm having issues, I want to figure this out.

Where do I get the latest build you mentioned?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the new build. Should I just install it over my old build, or will that cause issues? It would be annoying to have to reset all my settings each time a new build is released...

Edit #2: Got the new build installed. The music still does not work. I have some other MP3 soundtracks in .WAD form that work fine, so I'm not sure why the PS music doesn't work. It works with old versions of the Doomsday Engine.
  • are you trying FMod? as that is being reintroduced back in
  • I'm using the default sound driver. But I've tried all of the sound drivers; none work.
  • FMOD is only available in the latest build 346 and even then, only if you add the -fmod argument to the command line (you can do this in Snowberry via the Developer options tab). If these mp3s don't work with FMOD either then I can only assume they are malformed or they are named incorrectly/Doomsday can't find them. However if they do work then clearly the problem is SDL_mixer and not Doomsday.
  • Ah, Fmod did fix the issue! I'll go ahead and use that from now on. It's odd that none of the other sound drivers work with the playstation soundtrack. Thanks for the responses.