iwad path on a linux dedicated server

On Linux, What's the default paths it looks for without configuring anything?

How do I permanently configure the iwad path on a linux dedicated server without using a GUI.

I'm using "doomsday-shell-text" and see no simple way to do it. The Guides only specify how to do it in the GUI, which I don't have access too.

Comments

• here's how I do it

doomsday-server -game doom2 -iwad ~/.doomsday/iwad/ -p ~/.doomsday/cfg/d2twid.cfg -userdir ~/.doomsday/serverdir/d2twid -file ~/.doomsday/pwad/D2TWID.wad
  • That's what I ended up doing to test it, but I wanted to test the doomday-shell-text tool as is.

The same tool on my windows computer and GUI, has it's own option for specifying the custom location. And I imagine the GUI version on linux does as well. But the text version is missing it.

I also think that by setting it in the gui, the text version can probably read this setting, eventhough it has no way to configure it within itself.
  • edited 2019 May 6
    Makaki wrote: »
    On Linux, What's the default paths it looks for without configuring anything?
    It looks in "/usr/share/games/doom".
    How do I permanently configure the iwad path on a linux dedicated server without using a GUI.
    You can use the DOOMWADPATH and DOOMWADDIR environment variables. The former can be a list of paths separated with colons, and the latter is a single directory. The subdirectories of any of these directories are not searched.