Snowberry.exe not launching / No window appears [

edited 2017 Mar 5 in Technical Support
When I try to launch snowberry.exe, the icon shows up in the taskbar but the program does not run. It only happened a few days after I installed Doomsday. The /bin doomsday.exe works fine. It happened on 1.41.2, tried upgrading to 1.41.3 and get the same error.

Here is my doomsday.out

http://pastebin.com/334UGXxf

thanks!

Comments

• This has happened to me in the past as well. A workaround that I have in place is to go to Properties of Snowberry and have it launch is "Maximized." See if that works for you.

If you can, try also updating your video card drivers, rebooting, etc.
  • Another way to recover from this is to hold Shift and then right click the taskbar icon, this should open a popup context menu allowing you to 'Maximize'.
  • DaniJ wrote:
    Another way to recover from this is to hold Shift and then right click the taskbar icon, this should open a popup context menu allowing you to 'Maximize'.

Thank you - alternately, after clicking on the taksbar icon: Alt-Space to get the menu, and select "move", then use arrow keys (click and hold mouse). That showed me the window was shrunk down to a ridiculously small size, and hiding under my taskbar.

If snowberry is going to still be around for the 2.x series, is there a bug filed for it?
  • Scandalon wrote:
    DaniJ wrote:
    Another way to recover from this is to hold Shift and then right click the taskbar icon, this should open a popup context menu allowing you to 'Maximize'.

Thank you - alternately, after clicking on the taksbar icon: Alt-Space to get the menu, and select "move", then use arrow keys (click and hold mouse). That showed me the window was shrunk down to a ridiculously small size, and hiding under my taskbar.

If snowberry is going to still be around for the 2.x series, is there a bug filed for it?

Snowberry will not be part of the 2.X series, no. You'll be able to launch Doomsday straight up. You can test the unstable 2.X builds if you want to.
  • Hi, same problem for me :( I was trying to replay Hexen with resources pack and it worked well till now, now snowberry is not showing up anymore ..
    I tried before newest DD 2.0, it worked well only first time but then Hexen got greyed out in the main menu.. and crashing any other games .
    I'm on Windows 10 x64.
    Any possible way to make snowberry appear again? thanks

Ps: sorry I didn't read correctly first time. I touht it was about doomsay.exe .. I'll try to maximize it