Taskbar problems

I don't see Taskbar (any taskbar's HUDs) when i press it. I can type (but i dont see the text) and i can press invisible buttons. (Like when pressing multiplayer and trying to join a game) and when i type and press enter i see the reply, but i cant change options/join a multiplayer match because i dont know what to press. Im using mac mavericks 10.9.5. Thanks for help.

Comments

• I was just trying to re-install Doomsday Engine and had a problem with the Start button disappearing. It would reappear when I clicked on it, but wtf.

This is what I did (Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit) Probably be ok fix for your system.

Open a command prompt

To do that you need to get to the 'run' command from the Start button. You may have to click properties to add it in if you don't see it.

Anyway, click 'run', in the box type "cmd"

Type:

* "sfc /scannow"
    * wait until its done
    * reboot the machine

This worked for me.

I have NO idea how Doomsday screwed this up, but I'm afraid to re-install it now.
  • I don't see Taskbar (any taskbar's HUDs) when i press it. I can type (but i dont see the text) and i can press invisible buttons.
    Could you post your doomsday.out log file and maybe a screenshot of what it looks like when the task bar / buttons are missing?
  • fizixx wrote:
    I was just trying to re-install Doomsday Engine and had a problem with the Start button disappearing. It would reappear when I clicked
    (...)
    I have NO idea how Doomsday screwed this up, but I'm afraid to re-install it now.
    It's unlikely the problem had anything directly to do with Doomsday. Doomsday is a normal, self-contained application that doesn't install or modify any Windows system-level components. My guess is that you were encountering a video driver bug of some sort.
  • Hi Jake...

This happened in direct association with my trying to install version 1.10.4 yesterday.

I THINK I know what was going on and I MAY try to address it again, but I am tired of computer issues and may put it off for a day or two.

Granted, it may not have actually been the doomsday engine, but if not it conflicted with something to cause it. If it was a video bug I can't imagine what that could be. It's possible, but it probably won't ever be pinpointed.

I think this user should go into safe mode and install the game and see if that helps the install. That's what I'm going to try next.
  • I, for one, would love an answer to this, as I'm having a similar issue; Doomsday froze up, black-screened, and crashed on me a few days ago, and now, Stardock WindowBlinds 10 will simply not load any skin other than the Windows 10 Default. Since then, I've uninstalled both and cleaned my registry, done a system restore, updated my graphics drivers, ran "sfc /scannow" and even "dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" as an admin from the command prompt, and still, no dice. I'm lost.