SourceForge troubles

edited 2015 Aug 1 in Developers
You may have noticed that Doomsday's downloads from SourceForge are not currently working, and that Doomsday has no newer builds than July 16 on SourceForge. This is because SourceForge had a "storage fault" and are currently working to restore full functionality to the website. Among the features still missing is the file upload mechanism, so our autobuilder can't publish files there.

In the meantime, I've set up proper webpages for the autobuilder itself. This allows you to see a quick glance of what's available in the autobuilder's own repository of recent builds. Downloads of the latest unstable builds are available via these pages as well.

The regular downloads from SourceForge will be resumed as soon as their site is fully up and running again.

Comments

• Be aware that the good folks at SourceForge can at anytime take over your user-account and bundle the installer with adware. That happened not long ago to GIMP's download mirror:
    http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/05/sourceforge-grabs-gimp-for-windows-account-wraps-installer-in-bundle-pushing-adware/

I totally understand that a small project like DENG can't be too picky with their download services.. I'm just saying keep an eye on it :)
  • Will do.
  • The 1.15.2 patch build will occur as scheduled tomorrow, although it will not be possible to publish it right now on SourceForge.
  • I understand that the "Player's Animations on Multiplayer" would be fixed under this version. Would there be another location to download this version? I would like to check it out. Thanks.
  • It appears that the file uploads to SourceForge are back online. I'm copying 1.15.2 over there at the moment.

It is also available at the autobuilder site: http://code.iki.fi/builds/build1673
  • Yes. I have noticed the other link last night. I have already downloaded it last night and just got done checking it out. The 'animation' is fixed. Thank you. However, the frame rate is still a little slower compared to the build 1.10.4. I have noticed it when I was playing one of Sitters' maps on-line (SittersPack). So I decided to play the build 1.10.4 when I coop with my brother on-line but I'm planning to use this build 1.15.2 for public on-line (other maps). Thanks again.
  • GhostGuy wrote:
    However, the frame rate is still a little slower compared to the build 1.10.4. I have noticed it when I was playing one of Sitters' maps on-line (SittersPack).
    My guess regarding this slowdown is that the ongoing work in revising the map rendering code has added some overhead to the processing done during each frame. We have a long-term plan for redesigning the map renderer for greatly improved performance, however it needs a lot of work/time before we can reach that goal. DaniJ may have further comments about this topic.

Recently we've also added frame post-processing effects like bloom that will impact performance on slower GPUs. You may wish to experiment with the Renderer Appearance settings.
  • Thanks for the info about the Rendering. I'll see what I can do. Thanks.