Getting network games to work (over the internet)

edited 2009 Jul 20 in Technical Support
Hey, if anyone can help me out here that'd be great. Trying to get any kind of network game to work. Modified network and firewall settings and everything to let it all through - no matter what I do, I can't seem to be able to get DDEngine to find any games to join. (Go to new game -> multiplayer -> update) - Doesn't find anything. Also tried getting a friend to do a "custom" search and connect directly to my IP address. Doesn't seem to work either. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Comments

• I'm pretty sure Doomsday never had working multiplayer, not sure on that but i'm pretty sure it's been broken for a long time. They've been busy focusing on making the Doomsday engine the most beautiful in all the land :lol:

All that stuff is being completely re-written though, there's all sorts of stuff about it on the dengDevs blog.

I think th current Doomer scene regards Skulltag as the online Doom sourceport, but I personally can't stant Skulltag - it just feels ugly and has limited customization. Plus the lag sucks for me.
  • currently if you want to play deng over the internet, you need to use doomsday 1.8.6
    I don't know if the maser server with it works anymore so best if you type in the other persons ip address