16:10 ratio = lower parts of models cut off

edited 2009 Jul 14 in Technical Support
[this was also posted on NewDoom forums when the server was down, but since it seems to be ignored I am also posting here.]

Hello. I just recently started using my widescreen tv as a monitor since my last one broke. Everything works fine at its native resolution of 1440x900 or any lower 16:10 res with the exception of doomsday when I have models turned on. For the most part it looks fine, but I notice that the lower parts of weapons are cut off even when the HUD is removed. Yet 2-d graphics run fine and I can see the weapons entirely. Going to a standard 4:3 ratio works, but I would be sacrificing the quality of everything else. This applies to beta 6.4 and 1.8.6, also doesn't matter what models I am using. [abbs, jdrp, dreadus' resources, ect.]

I can easily ignore and deal with it but I would like to ask, is there anything I can do so that the models or game in general is better suited to a 16:10 ratio? Because even the non-custom 16:10 resolutions that are officially in the list have this issue, so I am wondering if there is a console command or any way you can implement something to help this in the next update?

Comments

• I did a quick test run but couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you submit a SF.net bug report with a screenshot, please?

Does adjusting the value of rend-camera-fov have any effect?
  • Ok I uploaded a copy of this as a bug report with screenshots comparing the jdrp rocket launcher in 1440x900 with it in 1024x768.

[EDIT] And no, changing the field of view in control panel-graphics doesn't help.