Please see below my findings with the current release of Doomsday so far:
- > Fixed: "Position of particles spawned using the spherical method"
This seems to be fixed partially only. For instance check your power-up models for mega-health, invulnerability and invisibility: The particles which are supposed to float surrounding the models now describe small circles on and in the floor right below the items.
- Particle movement speed appears to be quite faster compared to the previous Doomsday releases which seems to affect particle gravity. For example blood spurts describe straight solid streams now rather than creating several pools. The bubbles of my Nukage-FX definition which I posted over at the Newdoom forum now move generally upwards with fast speed rather than describing an arc at normal speed.
- Doomsday corrupts the file jDoom.cfg, yet leaves it still functional. The comments randomly have several characters added to their line end. The lines affected and the added characters vary on every run of Doomsday. My solution to prevent this until a fix is released is to set the "read-only" attribute of the file.
- The menu sound bug I reported previously remains unfixed. Starting a new game when choosing the skill level a "switch" sound is played right after the usual "shoot" sound.
- Loading definitions via command line argument doesn't work in this release (Note that I don't use Snowberry/Kickstart). I have to place my custom definitions in the folder \Defs\jDoom\Auto\ (or use a addon package recreating this folder structure) to have them loaded.
Let me know if and for which item I should file a bug ticket at the SourceForge project page.
Thank you Dani and Skyjake.