Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doomsday crashing when opening...

when i open doomsday i get this error: "Application terminated due to exception:(in GLInfo::init) Failed to initialize OpenGL

see details for complete message log contents.

here are the details:Application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Doomsday 2.0.3\bin\Doomsday.exe
Build: 2.0.3-Stable [#2464]
Created a new 32.0 MB memory volume.
[Config::read] modules/Config matches version [ 2, 0, 3, 2464 ]
Identified 282 data bundles in 0.0 seconds
Executable: Doomsday Engine 2.0.3 (Stable 32-bit #2464) Oct 1 2017 03:31:04
Command line options:
0: C:\Program Files (x86)\Doomsday 2.0.3\bin\Doomsday.exe
[RenderSystem > PackageLoader] Loading shader definitions from archive entry "renderer.pack/
shaders.dei" from archive in "(basedir)\data\net.dengine.client.pack"
Loading shader definitions from archive entry "renderer.pack/
lensflares.pack/shaders.dei" from archive in "(basedir)\data\net.dengine.client.pack"
(in GLInfo::init) Failed to initialize OpenGL
Application terminated due to exception:
(in GLInfo::init) Failed to initialize OpenGL

[PackageLoader] Unloading 7 packages
Restoring original display mode due to shutdown

help me now i dont know if i did something bad.

Comments

• You're less likely to get help by shouting "I NEED HELP NOW!!!!!!!!!"

However, seeing as it's the season of good will - I'll try to assist.

- Are you running Doomsday on a laptop or a desktop machine?
    - Please ZIP up and attach your full doomsday.out file
    - Have you installed the latest drivers for your video card?
  • yes,but i have a notebook and i dont know if that is a desktop machine or laptop.
    i did dont do that,thanks for that.
    i dont know how to install drivers.

and respond the first awnser and the third.

• The log messages in the first post indicate that your OpenGL drivers aren't working. If this error occurred only recently, after you've already been running Doomsday previously, you'll need to (re)install your OpenGL drivers.

I suggest you seek help in the support channels of the manufacturer of your computer or other tech support forums online. A Google search on "how to install opengl drivers for <your notebook model/make>" may also yield some useful information. Good luck!
  • k
    skyjake wrote: »
    The log messages in the first post indicate that your OpenGL drivers aren't working. If this error occurred only recently, after you've already been running Doomsday previously, you'll need to (re)install your OpenGL drivers.

I suggest you seek help in the support channels of the manufacturer of your computer or other tech support forums online. A Google search on "how to install opengl drivers for <your notebook model/make>" may also yield some useful information. Good luck!

k
  • k
    The log messages in the first post indicate that your OpenGL drivers aren't working. If this error occurred only recently, after you've already been running Doomsday previously, you'll need to (re)install your OpenGL drivers.

k

but i dont know
  • k

k

but i dont know

my model of the notebook :,(
  • Perhaps a Google search on "how do I find the model of my notebook"...