Doomsday Engine Crashes when the game is loading

Good night.

I have a problem when I'm trying to start a game with the new Doomsday Engine, the problem starts when is loading the game, when shows de start screen, the engine crashes and immediately this message appears, what can I do to fix this problem? Thank you.

egzlt4j1629h.png

Comments

• Could you attach here your full doomsday.out log file, please? Since it's an uncaught exception, there probably is a mention of the exact error somewhere in the log.

Please zip the log file first or change its name to "doomsday.txt" so that the website will accept it as an attachment.

You can find the log file in the runtime folder, which by default is "C:\Users\Manuel\AppData\Deng Team\Doomsday Engine\runtime".
  • According to your log-file you are trying to load the main game WAD file (HERETIC.WAD) from within a ZIP archive, which is failing:
    IWAD file archive entry "heretic/HERETIC.WAD" from archive in "C:\Users\Manuel\Documents\Peliculas,
    Anime y Videojuegos\DOS\heretic.zip": cannot access data file within another file

Just extract the file HERETIC.WAD from the archive HERETIC.ZIP to the same folder, then Doomsday should be able to start the game just fine.
  • Thank you, that helps me alot :D.