Flckering demons and no custom colors in automap

edited 2016 Apr 24 in Technical Support
I installed Doomsday recently and for the most part it runs fine, but I've noticed that the demons (I use the 3D models from the resource pack) tend to flicker for some reason. They go back and forth between fully skinned and hazy transparent black (like a normal 2D spectre in vanilla Doom). Not sure why that is. Also, Doomsday won't let me use custom colors in the automap no matter whether it's set to auto or always even though I've set the colors I want. It won't do it for some reason. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• for the auto map i can't help you but for the models whats the render distance for them?
  • Maximum distance is set to 1500, LOD is at 256, and FOV is 80. Does that help?

EDIT: I should clarify that I'm running Doomsday from a windows shortcut. When I run Doom from Snowberry, the demons are fine, but when I go through the shortcut, they flicker. I've got all the files in /jdoom/auto so I don't know what the problem is.
  • what version of doomsday you running? also you should try and set both max distance and lod to unlimited as with thos at a definde value you will get the flickering as they move in and out of sprite range. what i mean by this is at a certan distance the nice 3d models turn back into sprites.
  • I'm running 1.15. 2.0 crashes every time I try to start it. I'm on Windows 8.1. I'll try what you suggested and see if it works.

EDIT: No good. They flicker even up close, the texture on the model just appears and disappears back and forth while they're moving, but when they're dead, they stop flickering and look like they're supposed to. Spectres have been doing this too. Is there an option somewhere that lets you switch how their invisibility is rendered, ie choosing translucent or classic fuzzy like in ZDoom? Maybe I hit it by accident if there is.
  • it's only translucent atm and the specter has a specal texture to animate the line affect doom had.
  • OK thanks. I ended up figuring out a workaround by using a windows batch file and a little program called TinyTask to automate launching through Snowberry since when playing that way, the demons and specters look just fine. Still not letting me customize the automap, though.