Crashes to desktop when starting new game

I've been using this for a while and never had an issue before. I just updated to 1.15 and now when it says "starting game" it just drops to the desktop. I tried to post the doomsday.out file but it was too big. I also tried pastebin.com but it also said the file was too big. I didn't change any settings from the last version.

Comments

• Please provide some more information:
    • Your operating system and version.
    • Your graphics card and driver version.
    • The previous version of Doomsday you upgraded from.
    • Are you using any additional resource packs?
    • You could send me the doomsday.out via email: skyjake.code@gmail.com
  • Sorry, I was running out the door to work.
    Windows 7
    6gb ram
    Intel HD 2200
    I believe I had 1.6 previously.
    I just have the main games; bought from Steam. I'll email the file shortly.
  • We have had a few reports of this sort. Here is the relevant Tracker issue: http://tracker.skyjake.fi/issues/2063

The short answer is that some versions of the Intel OpenGL drivers don't like what Doomsday is doing, and they crash, or cause Doomsday to crash. (We haven't been able to determine the exact cause.) Some people have upgraded their Intel OpenGL drivers and Doomsday has started working better.

If you are unable to upgrade your OpenGL drivers, I recommend going back to an earlier version of Doomsday. You can find all the previous versions here: http://dengine.net/dew/index.php?title= ... y:Releases
  • I am still using version 1.6. I have resisted upgrading because I didn't like having to fix a number of issues the upgrades kept changing. So, I am right now downloading version 1.15.2. The only reason I am upgrading is because this version (1.6) does the exact same thing as described in this thread, except mine will do this spontaneously upon trying to load a saved game.. It has been doing this more and more often, and there's no way to load a previous game so you don't lose your place, so I end up having to start all over from the beginning. I was hoping the newer version would have long taken care of this problem, but now I'm not so sure I want to upgrade if I'm risking my settings being changed again AND still having the crash-to-desktop problem as well. Plus, my system is old and it may not have the balls to drive a larger engine.

:\