Doomsday 1.15.0 for Mac automatically goes in paused-mode

edited 2015 Jul 26 in Technical Support
Hi everybody,
first of all please excuse my bad english, I´m no native speaker.

My system: MacBook Pro, i7 (2,3 GHz), 16 GB RAM, 500GB SSD,MacOs 10.10.4

My problem: doomsday 1.15 goes automatically in "Pause-Mode", whenever I get hit or after contacting the "enemies".

Same problem occurs, after sometime of playing, when I´m using the arrow-keys to change my direction.

After that I see my desktop and have to activate doomsday again and end the pausing by pressing "P".
That´s not funny and happens with all wads I own: all Doom-WADs, Hexen and Heretics.

Is this a known problem and if so, what´s the solution?

I run an older version of doomsday on my second MacBook Pro with MacOS 10.6.8 without any problems and I like doomsday a lot.

It would be very kind if someone can help me with a problemsolving hint.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sincerely,
heinzi2015

Comments

• One problem could be the system keyboard shortcuts. I think OS X has a default shortcut for Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right, for example, that switch between the fullscreen apps/desktops.

You could try either changing the keys you use to control the player in Doomsday (in the Options > Controls menu), or disabling the conflicting keyboard shortcuts in OS X System Preferences.
  • Thanks a lot, that's a really helpfull explanation I didn't thought about.
    I'll try it the way You suggested and will give a Feedback.
    Thanks.
  • Thanks a lot again, skyjake.
    Your hint was the solution: after disabling the keyboard-shortcuts for "mission-control" everything works perfectly!
    So I can enjoy using the phantastic doomsday engine again!
    heinzi2015
  • Glad to hear it. :)