The stable version 1.15
(build #1616) is now available.
Highlights of this release:
- Custom episodes. Episode (DED) definitions specify the structure of game episodes (including hubs) enabling entirely new episodes and modifying the originals.
- MAPINFO support. MAPINFO (Hexen) definitions are now supported in Doom and Heretic, too. Note that presently only the Hexen dialect of MAPINFO is supported (ZDoom uses it's own MAPINFO dialect).
- Improved BSP builder. Better performance and more robust interpretation of Doom map hacks.
- Adjustable pixel density. If your GPU is on the slower side, you can improve performance by reducing game view resolution. The rest of the UI remains sharp since the display mode isn't changed. As a bonus, you can also achieve a nice nostalgic aesthetic similar to the original Doom on a VGA display.
- UI improvements. Refinement of the Doomsday UI continues: the tutorial has been made a little nicer, savegames can be deleted via the Home/taskbar savegame selection menu, alert notifications are hidden automatically after a couple of minutes (so you don't have to keep looking at the yellow triangle icon all the time), and a dialog has been added where you can specify the MIDI soundfont file conveniently. On OS X, there is now support for retina (HiDPI) displays.
- Set IWAD folder in the Home screen. Allows starting Doomsday without the front-end or any command line options. We are not ready to remove the frontend altogether, since you still can't select add-ons or resource packs via the GUI, but this is significant progress toward an independent Doomsday.
- Bug fixes. Many bugs have been fixed, for example Hexen savegame problems. See the Detailed notes to see a summary of the fixes.
- Dependencies. Many of the libraries Doomsday is built on have been updated. Qt 5, SDL 2, and C++11 provide new and improved functionality that runs better on modern operating systems.
See the release notes
for screenshots and more information about what has changed since the previous stable release. There's plenty that has changed under the hood, too.
When you encounter bugs please submit them to the Doomsday Engine Tracker
. Downloads and other links are available on the dengine.net front page
- Deng Team