The Snowberry issue...

edited 2009 Aug 12 in Technical Support
I was thinking about how the most recent version of Snowberry is treating every argument given to it as a WAD or DED file to be loaded. This has the effect of making DHE patches unable to be loaded in. I didn't play around much with 6.4, so I can't recall if this happened there as well, but if it didn't, would it break Doomsday to try to use an old version of Snowberry with the game code in the 6.5 beta?

As a thought, this seems like it would be a temporary fix for the problem until they get Snowberry to act like a normal loader again.

Comments

• I don't know if this is related or not. I have 6.5 running rather nicely on Vista ultimate 64 with an ATI 4870 vid card. The only real problem I'm having is that some of the models in the Heritic jhrp (from sourceforge) don't want to work. My jhrp folder has 8 hud weapon models but only five show up in snowberry. Also some pickups that are in the jhrp resource pack don't show up in game or the snowberry checkbox list. My golden wand is a sprite, the blue health vial is a sprite, the purple flask is a sprite, and the torch pickup is a sprite. There are probably more but these are the ones I've noticed so far. The models are in the folder but do not show up in the checkbox lists in snowberry. On the good side, it seems that the texture probs with ati cards is solved (it is for me anyway) I am stil getting stuck inside of some walls though (some that aren't trying to move even)
  • Downgrading Snowberry won't do a thing, as it's a bug in the actual engine. The clipping problems aren't going to disappear until they fully rewrite the code. I have no idea what's up with the models, but I want to see that awesome gargoyle and can't do it until I know why Heretic broke in beta6.4.
  • PostFatal wrote:
    My golden wand is a sprite, the blue health vial is a sprite, the purple flask is a sprite, and the torch pickup is a sprite. There are probably more but these are the ones I've noticed so far. The models are in the folder but do not show up in the checkbox lists in snowberry.

I've had that problem before when I installed the Hexen pack afterwards. It might have something to do with that, but I don't understand the elvenwand problem either, and I had that same problem still. Maybe reinstalling it will help like it did for me.
  • Psychikon wrote:
    I've had that problem before when I installed the Hexen pack afterwards. It might have something to do with that, but I don't understand the elvenwand problem either, and I had that same problem still. Maybe reinstalling it will help like it did for me.

Very strange, I removed my Hexen billy box from the addons folder and all of the heritic items work fine now. Looks like I can't have both Heritic and Hexen resource packs in addon folder at the same time.
  • PostFatal wrote:
    Very strange, I removed my Hexen billy box from the addons folder and all of the heritic items work fine now. Looks like I can't have both Heritic and Hexen resource packs in addon folder at the same time.
    What it looks like is that the different "versions" in each pack are conflicting, and it's causing Snowberry to do its job and prefer the v1.1 models, but because that isn't checked I think it's not loading them. I don't know, just that it's what it LOOKS like, because I noticed that those models are v1.1, whereas the Heretic ones are v1.0...

Tricky, tricky!