some issues

edited 2009 Jun 15 in Technical Support
hi,

i want to post some issues. This is a slackware-12.2 box and latest doomsday beta.

1) window sizes are not stored anymore (since a few betas) so i have to set it up every time.
2) hexen is not storing save games anymore (dont know exactly when this starts to happen)
3) more clipping errors than before. i can't describe exactly when this happens. sometimes i
strafe or move in some way and it happens.

Something i want to mention which is not an issue but just a personal point of view.
Is it just me or do i recognize you made the hud fonts more "sharp", the ammo amount for example?
I dont like that very much, this is too much like the hq2x,hq3x scalers of dosbox or advmame or scumm for example.
(less detailed, less colors, very sharp edges, very "technical" look).
It should maintain a little bit of blurryness.
But again, thats just a personal point of view.

Besides that, great work. I'm playing doomsday since years on windows, mac osx, linux.
Thanks for hours of fun.

Comments

• 1: Yeah it happens here too. A workaround is to set it at startup via the -width # -height # -bpp 16/32 command line options. To save your fingers, you may prefer to alias it.

2: Happens here too. Saving game "saves" but doesn't save, as it only lists empty slots.
  • 2) hexen is not storing save games anymore (dont know exactly when this starts to happen)
    This sounds like a *nix specific issue as saving in jHexen is working fine under Windows. Please submit a bug report.

The other issues you mention are known and will be addressed in a future beta.