Announcing the Buildbots!

edited 2007 Aug 9 in Developers
<i>This post was originally made by <b>Yagisan</b> on the dengDevs blog. It was posted under the category: Blog.</i>

You have a cool new patch - you want to commit it - but - will it break every other platform ? You sit there and look at your patch - should you commit it and risk the wraith of the other devs ? don't you just wish it could be tested before you get that early morning email screaming "You broke my build!!"

Now you can folks! With the all new handy dandy Buildbots, you can commit whatever strikes you fancy and know that within 30 to 40 minutes, it will be building on a wide variety of platforms, Windows, Linux, OSX, and many many more., and that if it breaks you will know about it.
Thanks to Yagisan's obsessive quest to run Doomsday on everything from his pop-up toaster to the big mainframes they won't let him touch, we now have a buildbot network setup.

At the time of this post, we have an Ubuntu Feisty amd64 and an Ubuntu Feisty i386 autobuilder up and running, with more on the way. Currently you can find it here ->  http://eyagi.bpa.nu:8010/ but if someone could set up a redirect like buildbot.deng.net to point there that would be great.

I'm always looking for volunteer buildslaves, OSX powerpc and Intel wanted, as is Windows, and the various BSD's .

Comments

• As you may have noticed, the buildbots are currently down. I forked out a few hundred dollars to deply a new network infrastructure, and will have new, faster buildbots up within a few days (can you say 20 second full rebuilds :D )