Multiplayers hangout to play alltogether!

edited 2011 May 9 in General
Hi all!

My name is Roberto, me and two other italian friends always plays multiplayer doom together, quite everyday!

We met Doom when we was "young", and now we play it in multiplayer thanks to Doomsday Engine while we're talking all together with Skype and it's very very fun, we always laughing a lot, trying all WADs that we find on Internet.

So, we choose to start a Facebook page to try to involve other people to join us, to have an hangout where we could say "Hey, we start a game, who wants to play with us? This is our server IP! Come on!"

Sometime we record funny video about us while we are playing together Doom and maybe we can post them on this Facebook page... we can talk and laugh about our matches!

The page address is

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Everyday ... 0373503732

You all are welcome!

I made this post why we hope to find other people interested to join this page and play Doom together in multiplayer around the world!

I hope this is interesting for you!

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi Roberto!
    I would like to try to play with you and your friend.

The best option - is to agree in advance, for a few days. Need to know - what version of the DoomsDay Engine you use, main game file version (DOOM.WAD, DOOM2.WAD), custom wad-file, etc.

I do not use Skype, but I can use ICQ and IRC. I go online sometimes in the evenings, about 10 - 11 pm in my country. My time zone - UTC + 2 hours. At what time do you usually play? If you can announce your match - I could try connect your game-server.

A few questions for the DoomsDay community: in this time DoomsDay has online game-trackers? Have a IRC-channel or chat room?
  • irc = #doomsday on freenode
    game trackers are built into the doomsday engine
    problem is multiplayer has not been working in the beta's
    Luckily skyjake is working on fixing the multiplayer
  • Hey all!

Biggest DooM fan in the world here! I've also been successful rounding up a couple friends to play multiplayer usually via IRC, but I'm always looking for more people to play with.

I love co-op modes and deathmatch is fun too. If deathmatch, my favorite WAD file is dwango6.wad which I'd be more than happy to send to anyone who wants it!!

I'd *love* to play if anyone else is interested. ANY time.

Shoot me a private message, or find me on IRC: irc.efnet.org , channel #redflagdeals

Or I also have MSN: duckdown (at) inbox (dot) lv

Cheers from Canada, all!!